Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Mk8 Subwoofer Installation

AppleAlex

1 hour ago, SLUGIE79 said:

Hi Everyone 

I have a new  shape Fiesta with the  B&O System in the subs okay but it doesn’t hit any lows Also pick and choose is what bass to pick up.

Im  just wondering if anyone knows the watts RMS the amp is giving out As I have a Kicker comp r 12 inch 500 watts RMS and  fought about attaching it to the two wires that go to the sub, if its sending enough power there.

Also if the amp under the seat gain can be turned up more.

Cheers

According to B&O the amplifier for the entire system is 675 watts, but their spec sheet doesn't say if that's max or continuous and it is of course split between all 10 "speakers".  The sub is a 200mm (8 inch) driver in a small box so I assume it isn't rated for huge amounts of power.

https://www.beoplay.com/~/media/Landing_pages/Ford/info_sheets/eng/Fiesta_Factsheets_Onepager_ENG.pdf

You might be able to tap into the factory wires with a line converter (or with a high level in on the amp) and add a "proper" sub amp though?  I assume that given the modest size of the factory sub that the sub channel isn't putting out a huge amount of power meaning driving your 12" could cause the amp to clip and potentially wreck your sub.  If the factory wiring isn't very thick its probably as good a sign as any that the amp isn't putting out much power - I'm following the manufacturer guideline and running 14awg from my amp under the passenger seat to my hertz in the boot and its a 10" only rated at 200w!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree 

I have a alpine amp 1900 rms @ 1ohm 1100 rms @ 2ohms and 600 watts rms @ 4 ohms 

and i used 4 gauge power wire for that i would love to put that amp in with my kicker sub but i don’t want to reck my new car

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2019 at 5:57 PM, AppleAlex said:

Good evening everyone,

New here (and a new Ford owner), apologies If I am duplicating another thread etc.

I have a Ford Fiesta ST-Line 2018 Navigation without the B&O upgrade, my question is that if I buy the subwoofer (Part: H1BT19A067AA) from a Fiesta that has the B&O system will there be any way to wire it into my non B&O system car?

Any help or advice anyone could give would be an immense help

Cheers

Hi all, I’m getting a Fiesta ST Line X and was wondering the same as the above - there’s plenty of Fiesta-specific Subs on eBay and it would be a neat fit. Even easier if the wiring was there and ready to connect. Just wondering if anyone has worked it out yet ?

Thanks, Steve. 

• 9 months later...

It's not possible for wiring to exist. The bang and olufsen amplifier goes underneath the front driver seat, the standard amplifier is in the head unit. I used the enclosure of the bang and olufsen subwoofer which I bought for £25(much cheaper than enclosures for ~100 and it doesn't reduce boot space), then the holder for it. Changed the subwoofer for a shallow 8" rockford fosgate and connected that to an amplifier which I put on the right side of the boot. I also changed the door Speakers to focal and put that amplifier on the left side. 

Edit : Just realized I was a year late lol

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

• 2 months later...
On 1/29/2019 at 6:57 PM, AppleAlex said:

Good evening everyone,

New here (and a new Ford owner), apologies If I am duplicating another thread etc.

I have a Ford Fiesta ST-Line 2018 Navigation without the B&O upgrade, my question is that if I buy the subwoofer (Part: H1BT19A067AA) from a Fiesta that has the B&O system will there be any way to wire it into my non B&O system car?

Any help or advice anyone could give would be an immense help

Cheers

Use an 5 channel Amp with Dsp in combination with the original Speakers and a compact sub all from Match. This brand is working with the original connectors. So each brand is connectable. You will be amazed with the sound quality the little Amp/dsp produces trough you fabric Speakers. MATCH IS THE BRAND 

The Match M 5DSP MK2 amplifier icw Match PP 7E-D subwoofer. This brand is using the original connectors and you can only connect it with the same brand subwoofer but overall is this the best system to build in your Fiesta easy without comprising the original cables and connectors. Your head unit will function perfect also

• 11 months later...

Hi All,
My St-Line is a MHEV without B&O, built in December 2020.
As i have the spare wheel in the boot, i'm interested in the new shape subwoofer (L1BT-19A067-AD).
The one that fits on the right side of the boot, behind the little vent.
As far as i can see, on Ebay's photos, the subwoofer has only one connector with two cables.
 - Can someone confirm, without having to dismount the boot, if a non B&O version Fiesta has the connector hidden somewhere?
 - If not, could it be so easy as tap one of the rear Speakers cable to get audio signal and connect to the sub?

Thanks in advance...

Boot MK8.jpg

Subwoofer MK8.jpg

On 11/22/2020 at 12:15 PM, Pro Max said:

The Match M 5DSP MK2 amplifier icw Match PP 7E-D subwoofer. This brand is using the original connectors and you can only connect it with the same brand subwoofer but overall is this the best system to build in your Fiesta easy without comprising the original cables and connectors. Your head unit will function perfect also

Please could you provide details about how you installed these?

• 10 months later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club