Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0 Ecoboost Remapp

Sohrab Focus 1.0 100 bhp

Hi guys, new here and just wanted to know if remapping my 2015 1.0 ecoboost 100 would be a good idea?

Would this affect my car my car in the long run?

Thanks for your reply.

This doesn't really say much about ECU remap? 

Ive edited the link to the Focus 1.0 which shows their remaps. One of them is OEM 125bhp spec if you don't want to stray from what bhp Ford actually offer but still get a bit more oomph than your current 100bhp.

Would be safe for the car in the long run?

I have seen an ECU remapp from yorkshireremapps and they state my 100bhp could get 142 after the new install

Really confused

10 minutes ago, Sohrab Focus 1.0 100 bhp said:

I have seen an ECU remapp from yorkshireremapps and they state my 100bhp could get 142 after the new install

Really confused

The bigger the power increase, the higher the risk of causing problems in future.  Although any power increase puts extra strain on the engine, gearbox, clutch etc.  

It's best to stick to a well known company with good reviews to reduce the risk of reliability issues. 

Quite a few people on here use a Bluefin remap on the 1.0 EcoBoost and so far they seem to be reliable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for th advise! I think i will just stick to bluefin, they seem to be recommended by everyone.

Will update once done!

I have bluefin on my focus 1.0 ecoboost 100bhp. No issues after over 4 years and car now on 70k .

Drives so much better . 

1 hour ago, iantt said:

I have bluefin on my focus 1.0 ecoboost 100bhp. No issues after over 4 years and car now on 70k .

Drives so much better . 

That's great to hear, has your mpg improved also? As its something they all advertise 🤔

23 minutes ago, iantt said:

Oh yes!! It's a bit like having a 1.6 focus then putting a 2.0 engine in. 

I'm guessing your now on 145bhp?

14 minutes ago, Sohrab Focus 1.0 100 bhp said:

That's great to hear, has your mpg improved also? As its something they all advertise 🤔

Mpg hasn't improved any, I doubt it would as the mapping is altered for full throttle as such. I do get good economy figures as I know how to maximize fuel efficiency by the way I can drive. In the summer I can achieve 65-68mpg. Winter and with 3 adults to work has dropped to 50 approx. 

17 minutes ago, Sohrab Focus 1.0 100 bhp said:

I'm guessing your now on 145bhp?

140ish 

Woow, i am currently getting 37-near 40, will that just be my driving lol 

1 minute ago, iantt said:

140ish 

Good to hear, will need to visit the nearest garage ASAP! Thanks Ian

Visit a garage? With bluefin you can order the handset online. Then you upload your map to there server. They alter the map and you download it , then with handset you put the modified map on. 

Oh okay, i thought they had to do it manually in a garage, seems a lot more simple. I'm guessing they will provide full instructions?

Thanks you! Can i also add another on here, hopefully you might know more than me,

So my car when bought does not come with the stock LED daytime running lights, however am i able to buy aftermarket ones to install on my car? If so do you know of any?

Thanks in advance!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club