Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Info on Focus

Cossydave

Hi all, I am looking at bying a November 2008 Focus 1.8 TDCI Titanium, from the photos it looks aubergine (purple) but the DLVC website info is saying “RED” is this correct or should it say aubergine? Also any commen faults/problems to look for with this model when I view it. Big thanks in advance, 😁😁 Dave

302F8EC3-67C7-4F26-BB99-486C69D780A0.jpeg

I don't no about the colour but it looks a smart car 😊

• Like 1

Seen this elsewhere from dvla..

Although vehicle manufacturers use a wide range of colours for their vehicles, we only use the basic colours to cover the manufacturer's description. These basic colours are important for identification purposes and have been agreed with the manufacturers.

If you feel that the colour shown on your V5 registration document/V5C registration certificate is not correct, please indicate which colour matches your vehicle and return with your document/certificate to the address below:

DVLA

Swansea

SA99 1AR

LIST OF BASIC COLOURS

Beige, Blue, Maroon, Red, Bronze, Cream, Multi, Silver, Brown,Green, Orange, Turquoise, Black, Gold, Purple, White, Grey, Pink and Yellow

You will have to explain in a letter that this notification does not relate to a change of colour but rather to the fact the the original vehicle colour was wrongly recorded in the first place.

Guess need to see what Ford officially call that colour in brochure of its time.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cossydave said:

Hi all, I am looking at bying a November 2008 Focus 1.8 TDCI Titanium, from the photos it looks aubergine (purple) but the DLVC website info is saying “RED” is this correct or should it say aubergine? Also any commen faults/problems to look for with this model when I view it. Big thanks in advance, 😁😁 Dave

302F8EC3-67C7-4F26-BB99-486C69D780A0.jpeg

I believe the 2008 models had a bad batch of injectors.......It's likely as well this one will have a wet belt for timing which will need routine replacement.  I think they dropped the chain in 2007.

@Tdci-Peter  This is one for you!

1 hour ago, Cossydave said:

Also any commen faults/problems to look for with this model

As Albert said, there was a dodgy batch of injectors across the whole 1.8TDCI range, sometime in 2008. Though if it has not shown up by now on this car, then it may well be ok. The thread on this started in 2014, peaked about 2016, and has gone quiet lately. The thread is:

The lower timing chain was changed to a belt around 2007. Unlike the chain, this is a service item, but it seems a lot of garages may not be aware of it, and it has been missed out in some cases, with bad results. It is not a problem if it is changed at sensible intervals. It is possible to retro fit a chain in place of the belt. See what the service history says if there is any. Otherwise a full timing belt (upper and lower) change would be a good precaution.

I think the 1.8TDCI Focus is a very good car. The 1.8TDCI is generally a more robust and longer lasting engine than the 1.6TDCI with its additive based DPF system and some tendency to carbon build up. My 1.8 is well over 170k miles now, oil change once a year. It still has low oil consumption, and is a very nice car to drive. 

• Like 3

Hi David, it's the same here in Ireland regarding colour. Anything from light Orange to full on pillar box Red is classed as RED.

You prob can't make out the colour of mine from my profile pic, but it's a kinda burnt orange colour, yet the log book and tax cert state "RED"

Hope this helps and very best of luck with the purchase.

Thanks guys for all the reply’s, all very welcome and helpful, should know more tomorrow when I go and view it, I will get the colour code too, I have not seen many Focus’s in this colour.👍👍👍

My car is listed as Green. It must be green at it's very lightest. Some say it's light blue.

from the colour list I would have thought purple would have been much closer

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2019 at 10:29 PM, Amanda2007 said:

Hi David, it's the same here in Ireland regarding colour. Anything from light Orange to full on pillar box Red is classed as RED.

You prob can't make out the colour of mine from my profile pic, but it's a kinda burnt orange colour, yet the log book and tax cert state "RED"

Hope this helps and very best of luck with the purchase.

In Ford terms I think yours is called "Tango Red" which is the same colour as my wife's car, I'm still not sure how it ever got classed as "red".  It looks more like "burnt rust" colour to me :biggrin:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club