Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 2 Sat Nav update

Philbry69

Can anyone advise what to do to update my sat nav on Sync2. The Ford website doesn't seem to allow me to purchase the updatre as link is no longer available.  How can i purchase a new SD card etc. Ford Focus 2015. Thanks.

Hi, you will need to ring ford direct for this or you can purchase an SD card with the new maps from eBay

• Thanks 1

Have had a couple from eBay, no problems with either. £20 upwards. Ford will change a lot more.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

F7 is the latest map card.

• Thanks 1

Do they release different versions for Sync2 and 3? 

Sync3 is currently F8

Sync3 I think can be downloaded. Sync2 is sd card based.

They normally update in March, so f8 May be due soon.

2 minutes ago, TitXlover said:

Sync3 I think can be downloaded. Sync2 is sd card based.

They normally update in March, so f8 May be due soon.

F8 currently available on Sync3

• Like 1

Thank you all for your comments. I will try Ford Direct then as heard eBay ones are not always the best.

• 8 months later...

Bought a used 2015 Mondeo, SD card labeled F8 was out of date. Dealer provided an up-to-date card labeled F3, I also obtained a 2020 card from amazon, labeled F8...

Looking at the files on my PC there was no way to tell when the files were created - text file dates made no sense (dated 2012 &c!).

What do those F numbers mean?  Part numbers can be identical regardless of age of the files!

• 4 months later...

Evening all.  I've got sync 2 on a December 2015 focus titanium.  The sat nav part continues to try and send me down a very main A road (A14) that part of is shut for 2 years !!  Even when I continue past the closed road the sat nav still tries to get me to do a U turn and go back to the closed part.  Surely it should recalculate route shouldn't it ??Otherwise it's just a road atlas on an sd card.

Cheers

17 hours ago, Carpman said:

Evening all.  I've got sync 2 on a December 2015 focus titanium.  The sat nav part continues to try and send me down a very main A road (A14) that part of is shut for 2 years !!  Even when I continue past the closed road the sat nav still tries to get me to do a U turn and go back to the closed part.  Surely it should recalculate route shouldn't it ??Otherwise it's just a road atlas on an sd card.

Cheers

If it thinks the road is open then it will keep trying to route you back down the road until you're far enough away from it that an alternative route is quicker.  A sat nav is only as good as the mapping data it's been fed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club