Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio Issue

joe crook

Hi, I have this model of radio in my '11 Focus (photo below).

Yesterday I had to have my battery replaced and, inevitably, the radio required a code.

I didn't know where to find the code (I later found it in my log book), so I made 3 failed guesses (I though like a TV it might have a default like 1234, 0000, or 9999. All wrong of course, so the unit locked for an hour.

I went back to the car a couple of hours later and this time the radio worked, in the sense that I could hear radio 2 playing, but the display was just date and time - and NO option to input a code.

This morning, after the coldest night in Scotland this year, the unit is again showing date and time, but otherwise is completely dead.

On another thread, somebody has suggested that there is a blade fuse on the back of the unit that might have blown (would the display show ANYTHING in this case), and on yet another threrad somebody has suggested that these units can dislike the cold (??!!), so bring it indoors and warming it up can help.

Are EITHER of these suggestions sensible? And, if so, how do you remove this unit from the dashboard. As I said above, my unit is identical to the one below, but I copied and pasted that image from another thread - mine remains in the dashboard - I've never taken it out.

Thanks

Joe

s-l1600.jpg.463733061e4c06da5d763a08af1609df.jpg

Dont you have to press 5 after you put the code in, i may be wrong on that as its a long time since i had that model of streo.

Hi Pete,

By the time I had found the correct code the radio had gone beyond the point of allowing me to enter the code anyway.

My problem appears to have gone more serious quite quickly.

Thanks

Joe

On 1/31/2019 at 1:36 PM, joe crook said:

Hi Pete,

By the time I had found the correct code the radio had gone beyond the point of allowing me to enter the code anyway.

My problem appears to have gone more serious quite quickly.

Thanks

Joe

Joe,

Have you tried pulling the radio out (and disconnecting power), or disconnecting the battery again for a little while to see if it'll let you put the code in again?

On the newer Ford radios it'll do a countdown after a few failed code inputs and the radio + car needs to remain on to complete before you can put in more code attempts.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club