Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Odometer Change

Remon

Hello , so i changed the Cluster on my MK3.5 to a colored one , my car initially had around 48k km , and the new cluster i installed had around 22k , so i want to know if i can change the current mileage to the new one ? Thank you 

It is possible to adjust the mileage up, but not down. Forscan has the ability to do mileage correction. Fortunately you need to go up anyway so should be pretty easy.

I think elmconfig  will do it up but not down 

ELMconfig has the ability to change the mileage upwards but is MK2/MK2.5 only. The ELMconfig software is not suitible for the Focus MK3/MK3.5.

FoCCCus also has the ability to change the mileage upwards but only if the mileage of the new instrument cluster is below 1000 Miles. However I made a few modifications to the program to remove this limitation. My modified version has the ability to change the mileage upwards withoput any limitations. However unfortunately the FoCCCus program was never further developed for the MK3.5.

On a Focus MK3.5 Forscan is basically the only free solution to change the mileage upwards. 

2 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

It is possible to adjust the mileage up, but not down. Forscan has the ability to do mileage correction. Fortunately you need to go up anyway so should be pretty easy.

1 hour ago, dezwez said:

I think elmconfig  will do it up but not down 

I connected Forscan but found nothing related to changing mileage , if you have the steps it would be uber awesome ! 

18 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

ELMconfig has the ability to change the mileage upwards but is MK2/MK2.5 only. The ELMconfig software is not suitible for the Focus MK3/MK3.5.

FoCCCus also has the ability to change the mileage upwards but only if the mileage of the new instrument cluster is below 1000 Miles. However I made a few modifications to the program to remove this limitation. My modified version has the ability to change the mileage upwards withoput any limitations. However unfortunately the FoCCCus program was never further developed for the MK3.5.

On a Focus MK3.5 Forscan is basically the only free solution to change the mileage upwards. 

i tried the forscan but got nothing ( see reply above) , Focccus i didn't try it cuz i don't have the ELM cable , i use the WIFI OBD i have .

As far as I am aware the  mileage correction functionality is only present in the Windows version of the Forscan software. The mileage correction functionality requires the extended license.

30 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

As far as I am aware the  mileage correction functionality is only present in the Windows version of the Forscan software. The mileage correction functionality requires the extended license.

mind my ignorance , 1) I am using forscan on windows 

2) shouldn't i press on the PCM for example then it tells me it needs the extended license ? i don't know which section to press to configure/change my odometer 

WI-FI OBD interfaces are designed to be used with Apple products (Ipad/Iphone). The Wi-Fi OBD interfaces were introduced because the bluetooth OBD interfaces did not work with Apple products.

My experience is that WI-FI OBD interfaces do not go very well with Windows laptops. The connection is not very dependable and there is a serious risk of bricking the car. 

The mileage correction functionality is currently not available for all Ford models. If it not shown by the Forscan software the milage correction functionality may not be available for your car.

1 hour ago, JW1982 said:

WI-FI OBD interfaces are designed to be used with Apple products (Ipad/Iphone). The Wi-Fi OBD interfaces were introduced because the Bluetooth OBD interfaces did not work with Apple products.

My experience is that WI-FI OBD interfaces do not go very well with Windows laptops. The connection is not very dependable and there is a serious risk of bricking the car. 

The mileage correction functionality is currently not available for all Ford models. If it not shown by the Forscan software the milage correction functionality may not be available for your car.

it is weird cuz on my old cluster i think i saw this function , is it cluster dependent ? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club