Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leaking rear shock absorber

AzMar

Hello everyone, recently i noticed that the car ride is a little bouncier on low speeds so i decided to take a look under the car and surprise surprise the rear right shock was wet and covered with grime, after taking to the dealership they confirmed that the shock absorber should be replaced and  they get replaced in pairs, they charge around 130£ for each side which i think is little high, so i decided to buy the shocks myself and a friend of mine will replace them for me for a reasonable price, the problem is i'm not sure what kind of shocks do i need for fiesta titanium 2015 mk7.5 the best i could find was this one on amazon: Monroe 44001 (i was told that ford uses Monroe).

1 hour ago, AzMar said:

Hello everyone, recently i noticed that the car ride is a little bouncier on low speeds so i decided to take a look under the car and surprise surprise the rear right shock was wet and covered with grime, after taking to the dealership they confirmed that the shock absorber should be replaced and  they get replaced in pairs, they charge around 130£ for each side which i think is little high, so i decided to buy the shocks myself and a friend of mine will replace them for me for a reasonable price, the problem is i'm not sure what kind of shocks do i need for fiesta titanium 2015 mk7.5 the best i could find was this one on amazon: Monroe 44001 (i was told that ford uses Monroe).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Monroe+44001+ORIGINAL+Shock+Absorber+%28Suspension&_sacat=0

Cheaper still.

• Thanks 1

sorry for the late response, but should i go ahead and buy those 44001? will they fit my 2015 fiesta? 

5 hours ago, AzMar said:

sorry for the late response, but should i go ahead and buy those 44001? will they fit my 2015 fiesta? 

Looking at the compat list of that ad they list mostly tdci's

edit: looking further at various sites they list 44001 as a fitment for your vehicle so i would say yes they would be fine.

• Thanks 1

thanks a lot, much appreciated, i'll go ahead with those and get back to this thread with some feedback afterwards.

• 3 years later...

I have just had my 2020 ford fiesta titanium serviced and have been advised Rear Shock Absorbers are leaking. The car is not 2 years old until next month and only done 7700 miles. Is this right and should i have to pay if only 2 yrs old?

14 hours ago, belladonna said:

I have just had my 2020 ford fiesta titanium serviced and have been advised Rear Shock Absorbers are leaking. The car is not 2 years old until next month and only done 7700 miles. Is this right and should i have to pay if only 2 yrs old?

You’d certainly have a fair point if you were to say “were the original components of satisfactory quality to fail so soon and at such a low mileage”. Failure so early on would indicate that they weren’t. 

Was the car serviced by a Ford dealer?

Did you take the car for its 12 month convenience check at a Ford dealer?

Fully appreciate that the convenience check isn’t compulsory and shock absorbers are usually visually inspected and don’t have a maintenance schedule.

Have you checked yourself?  I certainly wouldn’t replace them just because someone tells me without checking I agree.  Most shock absorbers last the life of a car. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club