Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parking sensor tone has changed

AllenSmith81

Hi all,

starting this morning my parking sensors tone has changed.. and it used to be louder.. they used to come, what I always thought was through the stereo but this morning it sounded more like it was coming from the steering wheel.

has anyone ever had this? Any idea what it might me?

i have a 2016 mondeo (although I think it’s a 2015 model as it has the sync2 rather than the Sync3)

It’s a common thing, as soon as you cycle the ignition it will revert back to normal and come through the stereo again.

Do you have Facebook? Join this page for advice and help on all your Mk5 questions, like the ‘saggy dash’ and fitting an aftermarket camera to work via the Sync screen and loads more stuff

https://m.facebook.com/groups/693277794183606?ref=share

Did it sort itself out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

My 2019 Focus has changed tone too after being parked for a few hours

I’ve had this happen on multiple Fords. 

My guess is that the audio unit is asleep. Doesn’t wake quick enough for the park sensor module to communicate with it so it falls back on a cheap backup beeper. I’ve noticed when it occasionally does it your rear sensors rather than beeping from the front comes from behind the dash. Also all the usual chimes come from there until the car has power cycled. 

It quite often happens to me after I clean the car and am opening and shutting doors car unlocked and some of the systems probably sleep to protect battery and get out of sync with each other. 

Also bit of a thread revival, lol!

Yeah mine sometimes goes Smurf after I've washed the car.

• 3 months later...

It’s a common thing, as soon as you cycle the ignition it will revert back to normal and come through the stereo again.

When you say cycle could you explain what you mean.

Having the same problem now

• 9 months later...

Hi there. 

I have a Ford Mondeo MK5 and for the first time, I am having this issue. 

The sensor sounds and the open driver door chime, are coming from behind the steering wheel (well, somewhere around there) 

Can someone please help me on how to fix this please? 

battery voltage can be low to cause this. Give the car a run and recheck.

Sound comes from IPC...

Had it a few times before aswell

• 4 months later...

I'm having a similar issue with my 2015 mondeo diesel. Parking sensor and other chimes sound different and are not coming through the Speakers. Also I saw a comment on here about the battery voltage being low could be the issue.  I had an issue where the car wouldn't unlock remotely and wouldn't start ignition. I jump started it, took it to Halfords to get the battery checked and they said the battery and alternator where both fine. About 5 weeks ago I was away for a week. 5 hour drive, driving around for a week then a 5 hour drive home. Car was fine and should have fully charged the battery. Last week the car was outside my house for a week and didn't move. Went to start it after a week and it didn't start. The battery shouldn't be dead after sitting there for a week, surely. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

As Iantt says possible low battery. If I leave mine a few days without running and the car goes into deep sleep mode I get a different tone but once the engine is up and running it goes back to normal.

28 minutes ago, Biglee82 said:

The battery shouldn't be dead after sitting there for a week, surely. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

You have a 6 year old battery if it is the original and the typical life expectancy is of a modern car battery is 7 years so it's very possible that your battery is at the end of it's life.

Leaving a car for a week at this time of year with an old battery, it wouldn't be of a surprise that it didn't have enough power to start the car. Remember that the 'Smart' charging system on your car only charges the battery to 80% of its capacity on a good day. In these dark mornings and dark nights the headlights are nearly always on. Then add the use of heated screens, heated seats, blower motor, and the battery takes a hammering and gets very little chance to charge.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club