Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise control and other activation's guide

Ryan Fiesta

Excellent guide. Thanks 

Thanks for this guide, is it known any garages that actually can provide fitting of a steering wheel? I've seen on the forums Stoneacre york are able to do this but was wondering if anywhere closer, I've tried asking super local places recently but unable to find anything

I couldn't tell you but this video about removal you can see the same/similar large nut in my photos once the airbags off so wouldn't be too hard to get off yourself and if its another fiesta steering wheel i imagine its a straight fit

21 hours ago, 56KBs said:

Thanks for this guide, is it known any garages that actually can provide fitting of a steering wheel? I've seen on the forums Stoneacre york are able to do this but was wondering if anywhere closer, I've tried asking super local places recently but unable to find anything

I changed my standard wheel for an ST wheel. Very easy once the airbag is removed (google a you tube video to help and disconnect the battery for 30min before you start). Put some tape over the clockspring so it doesn’t move between wheel changes. 

Just a quickie... 

If you disable the up shift indication it seems to freeze the eco driving statistics also... Not that anyone cares about that! 😁

8 hours ago, STJAY said:

That guide is a beast mate, unreal well done!!

Many thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, craig26283 said:

Just a quickie... 

If you disable the up shift indication it seems to freeze the eco driving statistics also... Not that anyone cares about that! 😁

Never knew that, i second that no one cares lmao

• 7 months later...

My Fiesta has currently a volume control switch which has a face symbol in the middle. My new controls have a M letter there and I haven't installed them yet. Will these still work? I mean is the wiring same regardless of the symbols in the volume control switch. I guess the tutorial says so if I understand it correctly 🤔

For the sake of clarity im considering of detaching the old volume control unit and replacing the one with M letter with the face symbol version. Then installing the whole control setup (with cc control buttons) to steering wheel and following instructions on how to activate them cruise control.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/2/2019 at 5:59 PM, Ryan Fiesta said:

I made a guide on how to install and activate cruise control and this guide is also helpful for some other activation's/deactivation's, have a look (https://bit.ly/2HOtm3s)

Just used this manual to install cruise control in my 2013 Fiesta, step by step guide was absolutely fantastic, installed and working with no major issues!

Thanks for taking the time to put this together! Really appreciate the effort!

Absolutely first class guide.   Well done.

• 1 year later...

Hello! I am planning on installing cruise control on my 2009 fiesta with auto transmission. 

I found this on the eBay and the seller said it is from 2009 fiesta as well. Do you think this will work on my car? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-MK7-STEERING-WHEEL-CRUISE-CONTROL-SWITCH-/194255077258?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

thank you!

6 hours ago, JB0702 said:

Hello! I am planning on installing cruise control on my 2009 fiesta with auto transmission. 

I found this on the eBay and the seller said it is from 2009 fiesta as well. Do you think this will work on my car? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-MK7-STEERING-WHEEL-CRUISE-CONTROL-SWITCH-/194255077258?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

thank you!

It probably depends again on if you have 9 wires to that plug under the shroud. Check that first.

• 5 months later...

I know this is an old post, just wondering if anyone has managed to make it have an indicator for cc on and then another for speed set? Also side note hate the fact that if you break the airbag connector you have to replace the clock spring.

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2019 at 5:59 PM, Ryan Fiesta said:

I made a guide on how to install and activate cruise control and this guide is also helpful for some other activation's/deactivation's, have a look (https://bit.ly/2HOtm3s)

Can you post again? The link has been blocked 😕

April 16th 2022 

I retro fitted cruise control to my 2019 Ford Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost when I bought it, it only had a speed limiter, so I purchased a Mk8 fiesta steering wheel from eBay with the cruise control buttons attached. 
I then simply removed the airbag and swapped over the centre piece with switches included. Obviously when all connected, the left hand switch did not function at all.

so I went into Forscan and reprogrammed the BdyCM module configuration then you have to go into SCCM Module configuration, highlight steering wheel switch left and swap it from its existing code to H1BT-9E740-A*

Back into the IPC module Configuration, look for cruise control switch enabled and choose this, once all done all the left hand switch gear works properly, and so does cruise control.

Forscan

1st: click on save icon at bottom, make a back up 
2nd: 3rd icon up left hand side … looks like a processor chip click on this 

3rd: come down to BdyCM module configuration…. (Not the as built format… next one down) 
4th: Press Play icon bottom left
5th: look for Cruise Control (highlight this) go to bottom of the page press edit selected button 

Make sure number 8 highlighted then press ok 

6th: go to bottom left of the page click on WRITE button 

7th: back to list and highlight SCCM Module Configuration 

Double click ? 

8th: Highlight Steering Wheel Switch Left H1BT-9E740-A*

9: bottom left .. click on edit selected button 

Needs to be on number one then press ok (tick) at bottom then at bottom of page press WRITE 

Back on module selection screen.. highlight IPC Module Configuration 

cruise system control switch Enabled 

Click on bottom Edit Selected … choose option - Enabled and tick the box … close it and press WRITE 

This worked for me, you are welcome to follow it and try, but I take no responsibility for anyone programming their own vehicles. 

Image.jpeg

Image 2.jpeg

Image 3.jpeg

Image 4.jpeg

Image 5.jpeg

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 12:59 AM, Ryan Fiesta said:

Hi, I can't access that link anymore

Can you give new url adress?

That link does not exist, there is a spanish link on you tube, good video but you need to translate it 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

When buying the silver surround with cc buttons are they standard or are there different variations. Also as my module has 9 cables does that mean my car will be comparable?

• 2 months later...

Hello I was wondering if this would work on my 2010 zetec s as I have 10 wires going into the plug shroud?