Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated seats

TomZS13

Hi,

I’ve recently purchased a full seat of titanium x heated seats to fit in my zetec s, I also bought heated seat switches and the wiring loom, the heated seat fuses were already in the fuse box, when I connected the heated seat wiring loom the buttons didn’t illuminate and the seats didn’t heat up, today I noticed a wire on the loom that connects into the back of the switches but not into the other end of the loom, the wire is blue with a brown stripe down either side, I’ve heard that this has to be connected into the bcm but I’m not sure exactly where it would go, anyone got any ideas or has anybody retrofitted heated seats onto a facelift fiesta? The picture shows this single loose wire.

35277EB3-6179-490C-B8E7-CC174E2F77CA.png

The seat loom doesn't go to the BCM. I'll send over the Haynes diagram tomorrow.

The cable you have pictures should connect the switches to the loom under the dash/console.

Make sure you have the necessary plugs and wires within the main seat plug. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lebadoo said:

The seat loom doesn't go to the BCM. I'll send over the Haynes diagram tomorrow.

The cable you have pictures should connect the switches to the loom under the dash/console.

Make sure you have the necessary plugs and wires within the main seat plug. 

According to my Haynes it does. This loose wire is a mystery i have asked lots of breakers to see where it connects to in the dashboard loom but those who will sell the bit seperately just want to snip it without finding out where it is connected. The only way would be to buy a dash loom and find out for ourselves but that is an expensive option eh.

SAM_0555.JPG

• Thanks 1

Is it possible that you have wired them up correctly and only need activating through FORScan?

2 hours ago, Fiesta1.25 said:

Is it possible that you have wired them up correctly and only need activating through FORScan?

I’ve activated them on FORScan, the loom will only connect in one way, I think that this loose wire is the main power for the switch 

8 hours ago, LesPes said:

According to my Haynes it does. This loose wire is a mystery i have asked lots of breakers to see where it connects to in the dashboard loom but those who will sell the bit seperately just want to snip it without finding out where it is connected. The only way would be to buy a dash loom and find out for ourselves but that is an expensive option eh.

SAM_0555.JPG

It is a mystery 😂 that wire seems to simply be to power the switch no clue why it’d need to go to the bcm just for power 

I wonder if the heated seats are deactivated by the BCM if the battery voltage is low, like the heated screens for example.

6 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I wonder if the heated seats are deactivated by the BCM if the battery voltage is low, like the heated screens for example.

Valid point Tom. I'm sure that i read somewhere that someone else connected up as tom has and left the wire taped up and everything worked.

Why is it that with todays rocketships nothing is ever easy?

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

This would make sense, it’s just a question of where exactly on the bcm does it connect into and how would you connect it 

Apparently it connects to a wire in the loom which obviously goes onto the bcm. we need a dash loom that is intact to see which wire it is cut into.

I am looking at getting the switch and wire next week unless someone has beaten me to it. Failing that there is a loom available for a good price if that was intact and i went for it we may find the answer we need. expensive way to get there i know as i still have to get the switch, but this is starting to bug me and i want to sort it, lol.

• Like 1

Most of the info you need is in the picture above of the wiring diagram

This shows that the loose lead from your first post goes to pin 5 of connector C237, I personally dont know which connector this is but the diagram shows it goes from there to pin 24 of connector C2280E which is the connector on the BCM itself

The BCM is up in the passenger footwell, can't remember if you need to take the glove box out to see it or not and it's the one with Green White Grey and Blue connectors

We just need to work out which connector is C2280E and connect your loose wire to pin 24 of it

I know it's not the grey one as that is C2280G so I would assume it's either the blue or white one, do you have a blue wire with a brown stripe in pin 24 of either of those 2 connectors?

If I remember rightly I never installed this cable in my fiesta when retrofitting seats so not sure what function it provides, maybe to give you pop ups on dash when activated like heating does? My retrofit seats work anyway and I'm sure I didn't add this cable but I will check and add it if I can a post pics

EDIT: C237 is actually a flat grey connector under the radio so it may be worth pulling the radio and seeing if there is a blue wire with brown stripe in pin 5 of that, if there is just run it up to there and job done

EDIT 2: I should have looked into this more before posting lol, look here and scroll down to the first picture: https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/99526-reversing-camera/?page=2

That is C237 and that is pin 5 in the middle with the blue with brown stripe wire, run your wire to that and jobs done!

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, liamstears said:

Most of the info you need is in the picture above of the wiring diagram

This shows that the loose lead from your first post goes to pin 5 of connector C237, I personally dont know which connector this is but the diagram shows it goes from there to pin 24 of connector C2280E which is the connector on the BCM itself

The BCM is up in the passenger footwell, can't remember if you need to take the glove box out to see it or not and it's the one with Green White Grey and Blue connectors

We just need to work out which connector is C2280E and connect your loose wire to pin 24 of it

I know it's not the grey one as that is C2280G so I would assume it's either the blue or white one, do you have a blue wire with a brown stripe in pin 24 of either of those 2 connectors?

If I remember rightly I never installed this cable in my fiesta when retrofitting seats so not sure what function it provides, maybe to give you pop ups on dash when activated like heating does? My retrofit seats work anyway and I'm sure I didn't add this cable but I will check and add it if I can a post pics

EDIT: C237 is actually a flat grey connector under the radio so it may be worth pulling the radio and seeing if there is a blue wire with brown stripe in pin 5 of that, if there is just run it up to there and job done

EDIT 2: I should have looked into this more before posting lol, look here and scroll down to the first picture: https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/99526-reversing-camera/?page=2

That is C237 and that is pin 5 in the middle with the blue with brown stripe wire, run your wire to that and jobs done!

On the loom which I connect the heated seat loom into under the dash I have a blue and brown wire, I’m wondering if it’s possible to strip some of the insulation on the wire and connecting the two together like this if it is just the main power source, behind my radio I can’t see any connectors like that, I do however have a connector with a blue and brown wire.

One photo is the loom that the heated seat loom connects into, the other is the blue and brown wire behind the radio

DD8CC926-E366-4C99-863D-8DB3F9BD5D33.jpeg

D06F44F6-F9D8-430D-B52F-290CBCE67CC6.jpeg

So after looking at wiring behind the dash I found another brown and blue wire connected to the back of the auto start stop button, I connected my wire to there and my buttons now light up, they do not yet light up yellow when pressed but I believe this is due to the heated seats not yet being installed, thank you all for your help and I’ll show you the finished product once I install the heated seats 

E8B9AF71-8D76-4705-ADA8-E39E983127ED.jpeg

Great stuff, thanks to everyone for chipping in with this. Certainly saved me a lot of time and effort. Now i all i need are the components.

Would also like to say thanks for this thread as I never noticed this extra cable and didn't even realise these buttons should be lit constantly lol 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, liamstears said:

Would also like to say thanks for this thread as I never noticed this extra cable and didn't even realise these buttons should be lit constantly lol 

Just ordered my parts today. Hopefully all will be a simple fit. At least now i have a good idea of where that loose lead has to go.

• Like 1

Parts arrived this morning. All in, wire connected to the blue/brown wire in the grey plug under the radio. Everything working as it should never even had to turn it on in forscan.

One happy bunny.😁

Thanks to you all who put up the required info, big shout out to Tom and Liam.

38 minutes ago, LesPes said:

Parts arrived this morning. All in, wire connected to the blue/brown wire in the grey plug under the radio. Everything working as it should never even had to turn it on in forscan.

One happy bunny.😁

Thanks to you all who put up the required info, big shout out to Tom and Liam.

It’s the best thing I’ve ever added to the car 👌🏻

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ian318 said:

Hi lespes have you got the full leather seats in or half material.

Hi Ian, i have the grey st seats half material.

4 minutes ago, TomZS13 said:

It’s the best thing I’ve ever added to the car 👌🏻

Can't believe how quick they heat up and they get very heated on the second setting., now wheres those subzero temps....bring it on.

• Like 1

Yeh av got full leather in my titanium x  , and yeh warmer compared to dads focus cloth titanium ones

4 minutes ago, Ian318 said:

Yeh av got full leather in my titanium x  , and yeh warmer compared to dads focus cloth titanium ones

Had the full leather in my old mk3 mondeo. They were fitted retro but i always remember them being good on those early winter mornings.

• 11 months later...

I’m looking at getting this done to my red edition 16 plate , stripped the dash down and I haven’t got this plug ? 
what’s the next step now as I cannot find it anywhere ?