Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated seats

TomZS13

Hi i have a st line red edition 66 plate have they got the heated seats fitting in the seats and just need the connectors because I’ve seen cars like mine with same interior with heated seat? 

• 2 months later...

Hi guys I’m also trying to retrofit heated seats to my Mk 7.5 Fiesta Titanium 1.0L, I’ve fitted the switch and half leather seats but can not find the wiring loom that connects to the switch. Any ideas where it would be located under the dash? 

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2019 at 7:24 PM, TomZS13 said:

It is a mystery 😂 that wire seems to simply be to power the switch no clue why it’d need to go to the bcm just for power 

Hi guys, just completed the retrofit myself and this thread was really helpful. Just to answer this, the black/blue wire provides illumination to the heated seat switch.

The back of the switch has 8 wires, with the connector block under the centre console having 7. They all match except for the blue/black one that goes to the grey connector under the stereo as mentioned.

The switches will still work if this wire is left out, but for the OEM look, worth doing!

Not to throw spanner in works but are heated seats all they are cut out to be? Cabin heats up fast without sweaty ar**.

Obviously you've never had to spend long periods on your feet in very cold weather with all your muscles locking up then enjoying the blissful sensation of heat easing into your stiff back as you drive home.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mine stay on low setting at this time of year .Great feature especially with leather seats. Even better is the heated steering wheel  a real asset up here in the wilds of North Yorkshire.

• Like 1

I have heated seats in my car.   Are they supposed to heat the back or just the seat?

9 hours ago, st line x 140 driver said:

Not to throw spanner in works but are heated seats all they are cut out to be? Cabin heats up fast without sweaty ar**.

I've had them in other cars and it is true that you get a weird feeling after a while that you've wet yourself!

But the seats are slightly different in shape - I think they're more comfortable - plus the other reason for getting them was my two sons play youth football. Not only is leather easier to clean, but in winter they can warm up a bit quicker after the game (this was the pitch I made to my wife, anyway!).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bobr said:

I have heated seats in my car.   Are they supposed to heat the back or just the seat?

Hi Bob, yes back as well, when I tested this new fiesta pretty sure it did, I know all my other cars did.

Its funny when I was 19......many years ago I remember my first Astra mk1 had the switches for it but were not wired unless you paid for the next model up ( that was the way they did it in the 70's)

I remember as a young 19 year old laughing uncontrollably  at why anyone would want heated seats, and now at 60 years old I wouldn't have a car without heated seats  🙂 🙂

49 minutes ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

Its funny when I was 19......many years ago I remember my first Astra mk1 had the switches for it but were not wired unless you paid for the next model up ( that was the way they did it in the 70's)

Looks like things might be going back that way, but a bit more high tech. I was amused to read a piece about Grant Shapps and his Tesla. He wondered why the heated rear seat had stopped working and then found it was a "free trial" for a short period and he would have to pay Tesla (£300 I think it was) to turn the function back on remotely!😀

Had a frost this morning so I tested the heated seats.   Very comfortable on the single light.   I was surprised to find that, if you don't switch them off, they come on again next time you start the car.

I have the heated seats on most mornings as its only a short commute and the engine temp gauge barely moves by the time I get to work. 

Could do with the heated steering wheel instead of alternating cold hands onto the seat 😄

• 2 years later...
On 2/6/2019 at 1:15 AM, TomZS13 said:

So after looking at wiring behind the dash I found another brown and blue wire connected to the back of the auto start stop button, I connected my wire to there and my buttons now light up, they do not yet light up yellow when pressed but I believe this is due to the heated seats not yet being installed, thank you all for your help and I’ll show you the finished product once I install the heated seats 

E8B9AF71-8D76-4705-ADA8-E39E983127ED.jpeg

Does any one have a video or step by step tutorial how to install heated seats into the fiesta mk7.5? 

i would realy appreciate if someone could explain this whole installation. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club