Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air in Fuel causing starting problems ?

Carling1968

I have a 2008 Ford Galaxy 2.0 Tdci with an intermittent starting problem, some days it can take 5 or 6 attempts to start, it does this from cold and from fully warmed up.

Some days it starts with no probs at all. I've read the error codes but they only show a central locking issue. 

I have noticed air bubbles coming from the fuel filter housing along the see through pipes, could this be the issue ? Please take a look at my youtube video and see what you think.

Thanks in advance

https://youtu.be/qiExo5Dl4Mc

Hi Paul, I have just checked on my car and there is no air showing in the fuel lines with the engine running, so I think that is the issue. If the fuel system is drawing air it will allow the fuel to drain back to tank overnight. You need to check the joints to the filter first as they are removed during a service and can be prone to wear. Hope this is of some help.

Regards John.

9 hours ago, Old Boot said:

Hi Paul, I have just checked on my car and there is no air showing in the fuel lines with the engine running, so I think that is the issue. If the fuel system is drawing air it will allow the fuel to drain back to tank overnight. You need to check the joints to the filter first as they are removed during a service and can be prone to wear. Hope this is of some help.

Regards John.

Many thanks for checking your fuel supply. I will check the push on pipes and around the filter housing.