Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car insurance soaring with modifications

RhysH

Hi guys,

So I’ve been looking at putting an Airtec air filter on my car, coupled with primary and secondary mountune induction hoses. These do not affect the overall power much, if at all I believe.

im 23 and been driving for 3 years with 3 years no claims. Driving a Mk8 1.0T.

This year was £850 to insure and I’ve set it up so the induction kit would be on when renewing. So I looked up the cost of insurance with the modifications and I am being quoted £1400+! 

Is there anyone in a similar position? As for an induction kit which changes the power of the car is minuscule the price increase is extortionate. Definitely will not be fitting it if that’s the case haha!

EDIT: This is also between being told it is not covered by my current and other insurance companies 

Edited by RhysH
Update

I've been looking at insurance options today as I want to remap my 1.0 ecoboost.

Standard on the car last year was £380, this year with standard car was £425... With the remap listed its now £495. Thats going via a broker.

Straight on the comparison sites I was getting in the region of £800 come back.

2 hours ago, Deano12 said:

I've been looking at insurance options today as I want to remap my 1.0 ecoboost.

Standard on the car last year was £380, this year with standard car was £425... With the remap listed its now £495. Thats going via a broker.

Straight on the comparison sites I was getting in the region of £800 come back.

Not sure if you’re allowed on the forum but what insurer do you use? I’ve sent a couple of requests off to individual insurers but haven’t had any back yet

cheers

Admiral was the cheapest on comparison sites (620 ish). That's with a remap listed. 

I got a quote today from Adrian flux at just under 500... cheapest by far so far. 

Hi,

If you need any help with modified insurance then please feel free to drop me a line. I'd be only too pleased to try and help.

Regards,

Dan.

• 4 months later...

Hey, I have just had my RS upgraded by mountune. The insurance let me fit the induction kit and V3 exhaust but wouldn’t allow the intercooler or FPM375 map. Been told I have to wait as I have had my car less than a year. 

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Digitalhikes said:

if you are looking for best SEO institute in rohini
so you can visit us for more details of courses

Not clear why people on a UK motoring forum would be interested in a course on search engine optimization in Delhi?

• Like 1

Dumb spammers.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have been looking for insurance for my focus for the end of the month. I have had a claim In January this year where a 3rd party hit me in the rear but the claim as not been settled still so it will be at fault claim at the moment. Today I tried Adrian Flux and I was disappointed with there quote it was sky high.

Hi.

Sorry we couldn't help out with a competitive quotation. Unfortunately we can't be competitive every time I'm afraid. Thanks for giving us a try though.

Regards,

Dan. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club