Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie focus tdi ghia

WhatTheFocus

hi everyone 

As above I've jus bought a focus 06 with great spec and was well maintained mechanically 

It does have a couple of other issues. Body wise its ok until you get to front wings , a little rust on each wing,which didnt put me off.

the boot lock has a rubber sorrounding it , its loose a looks like its coming away, is this a common issue 

Also the alloys are a bit tatty and could do with new or refurb set 

Any pointers for fixes would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance , Mick

On 2/5/2019 at 11:31 AM, WhatTheFocus said:

hi everyone 

As above I've jus bought a focus 06 with great spec and was well maintained mechanically 

It does have a couple of other issues. Body wise its ok until you get to front wings , a little rust on each wing,which didnt put me off.

the boot lock has a rubber sorrounding it , its loose a looks like its coming away, is this a common issue 

Also the alloys are a bit tatty and could do with new or refurb set 

Any pointers for fixes would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance , Mick

When you say the "boot lock" do you mean the lock itself or the button mechanism that you press from the outside to open it?

Isn't it annoying when a noobie registers, asks a question, then just buggers off! LOL

• Haha 4

• 4 months later...

On 2/16/2019 at 9:31 AM, StephenFord said:

Isn't it annoying when a noobie registers, asks a question, then just buggers off! LOL

yes it is very annoying 😉 , appologies LOL  and I came back

now am back to say Ive resolved the boot lock rubber issue.With an upgraded replacement one   which comes with a fixed washer  surrounding the locking mechanism making it. much better than the old style with the rubber behind the lock itself 

but dont buy it off ford as their too expensive £40 +  amazon or eBay have the exact item for about £12 

very easy to fit and looks and works without any issue.

all that for a bit of rubber lol

wheels are getting refurbed ,when who knows and I have new wings to go on 

thanks for your replies , it s appreciated 

mick

• Like 1

The Ghia alloys are famous for looking god awful sooner or later! I took mine off and replaced them with 5 spoke Zetec alloys, which look loads better. Ive also replaced the standard 'square' stereo head unit for the facelift oval type (facia panel needs replacing too), and also changed the number plate bulbs, and all the interior bulbs to LEDs. A few small changes and it can work wonders. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club