Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Outside air temperature sensor

Carling1968

I need to replace the 'outside air temperature sensor' on my mk3 2008 Ford Galaxy 2.0 tdci. Could you tell me where it is located please. Also does it have any bearing on the running of the car or is it simply to tell you the outside temperature. Thanks

GW
Send me your vin number PM, ill locate him.
Most of the time it's located on the outer mirrors, and yes the sensor have influence on the A/C system.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, rbitton782 said:

GW
Send me your vin number PM, ill locate him.
Most of the time it's located on the outer mirrors, and yes the sensor have influence on the A/C system.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not in the mirror as i recall but behind the grill on the drivers side, it sends info to the ECU so it does effect engine running but not so much that you notice fuel consumption may increase.

It's at the bottom of bumper, you need to remove the front trim under bumper then you will see the sensor to the right. 

• 1 year later...

I am finding it extremely difficult to find any info on the location of the ambient temperature sensor on my 2017 (new to me) ford galaxy titanium x. The temperature display on dash reads 10 deg C all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just got a replacement ambient air temperature sensor for my 2007+ Mondeo Zetec. Pluuged in and working but I cannot find where it clips onto the car; searched videos and forums but no wiser. The car had some front end rebuild and I'm wondering if the housing vanished in the repair. I've cable tied it on behind the bumper bar butit  looks poor. Any ideas?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club