Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coolant dropped by 1 litre

Martin-Fiesta-MK6-1.4

Went to top up my screenwash today and noticed my coolant about an inch below the 'min' level (but still visible), Checked my oil cap, no milky stuff, checked my exhaust, no white smoke, no leaks on the floor, my fan is firing up when it needs too, checked my release valve on the coolant tank and it has a residue, so im pretty certain thats where i have lost the coolant from, my first thought is the thermostat, any thoughts?

I would check all the hoses first they can leak though pin hole size holes ☺️

• Like 1

The Ford plastic bottles are prone to leaking after a few years also, on the Mk7s. Not sure if Mk6 is similar 

• Like 1

I think I've found the problem folks, massive crack in the tank (as pictured) white residue all over the hose clamp directly below too

Screenshot_20190206-163757.png

• Like 1

Just now, Martin-Fiesta-MK6-1.4 said:

I think I've found the problem folks, massive crack in the tank (as pictured) white residue all over the hose clamp directly below too

Screenshot_20190206-163757.png

good find easy repair ☺️

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dezwez said:

good find easy repair ☺️

im not very good with cars but this surely must be my problem? obviously its holding water atm but its not under any kind of heat or pressure?

1 hour ago, Martin-Fiesta-MK6-1.4 said:

im not very good with cars but this surely must be my problem? obviously its holding water atm but its not under any kind of heat or pressure?

I would say so you have to get a new one as it cracked 

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update folks, it wasnt the coolant tank, what i thought was a crack was infact a 'join' in the tank, so i took it down the garage, they checked it out and suggested i replace the coolant tank cap, which i did, and it worked, so there you go folks

• Like 1