Hello all, first time post......hope someone can help.  W reg Mk1 Focus (Zetec), been fine up until recently.  Not that i do, but if i gently rest my foot on the clutch pedal when driving along, it will slowly move to the floor without engaging.  If i let my foot off, it will return and if pumped, it works ok.  The longer my foot is on the clutch the less effective it seems to be, put pumping it seems to help.  I've checked the levels in the reservoir, and they seem to not have moved.....so I'm guessing it's either master or slave cylinder.  Is there a way of testing to see which one it could be.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  

16 minutes ago, beaker0511 said:

Hello all, first time post......hope someone can help.  W reg Mk1 Focus (Zetec), been fine up until recently.  Not that i do, but if i gently rest my foot on the clutch pedal when driving along, it will slowly move to the floor without engaging.  If i let my foot off, it will return and if pumped, it works ok.  The longer my foot is on the clutch the less effective it seems to be, put pumping it seems to help.  I've checked the levels in the reservoir, and they seem to not have moved.....so I'm guessing it's either master or slave cylinder.  Is there a way of testing to see which one it could be.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  

hope its not the slave as it means a new clutch kit as the gear box needs to be removed to get to it

the master is on the back of the clutch pedal

you could clamp the rubber hose near the gear box then see if its the same if it is then its the master at fault ☺️

Just now, beaker0511 said:

cool, thanks

meant to say the master