Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Mk7 Zetec S Lowered On -35Mm H&r Springs

rocky1722

My Zetec S was lowered today on -35mm H&R springs, I'm really liking the look. Just low enough to make a difference from looking standard :D as I have lots of speed bumps to tackle everyday on my road. :angry:

I've set the pics out with a before shot followed by an after pic for comparison. Hope you all like. ;)

Before

Road3b.jpg

After

Road3a.jpg

Before

Road1b.jpg

After

Road1a.jpg

Before

Drive4b.jpg

After

Drive4a.jpg

All comments welcome.

Next mods, Stoffler rear diffuser and twin Powerflow exhaust, colour coded windscreen washers (Mid March). B)

Stephen.

• Like 1

Some more comparison pics. :D

Before

Drive3b.jpg

After

Drive3a.jpg

Before

Drive2b.jpg

After

Drive2a.jpg

Before

Drive1b.jpg

After

Drive1a.jpg

Cheers,

Stephen.

That looks really good!! It is just enough lowering, in my opinion, to look great without being a pain day to day!

Look forward to seeing the rest of the mods...

Very nice.

Enough to see you get around day to day speed bump hassle free :lol:

I was thinking on getting mine lowered about 35mm ... but been told it starts nothing but trouble etc etc etc so would be good to hear your experiences over the coming weeks.

wow looks good :) how is the ride quality affected by the lowering?

The run home felt a wee bit stiffer, nothing too harsh. I would say the handling wil be better too. :)

Now i am stuck lol!!!

Eibach or H&R??????

How much did the H&R's cost.

Looking at £140 for the eibachs off ebay

The H&R's cost me £188 to buy. I would have went for Eibachs initially but seen a couple of Mk7's with the Eibachs fitted and didn't think they looked that lowered. I think the H&R's just lower it that wee tad more. :)

Will post up the size of actual drop later on tonight. ;)

Before

Road3b.jpg

After

Road3a.jpg

Wow, that really is low! You couldn't see the silver car behind before :lol:

Looking nice, love the colour :wub: can't think why...

So also guess the warranty is gone?

Not that fussed about the warranty side of things, so might have to join you on the h&r side of things.

Also you got a link Rocky to where you got them from?....Please

Wow, that really is low! You couldn't see the silver car behind before :lol:

PMSL, you really have eagle eyes. :P

So also guess the warranty is gone?

Not that fussed about the warranty side of things, so might have to join you on the h&r side of things.

Also you got a link Rocky to where you got them from?....Please

The car is just weeks away from being a year old, I'm not sure how long the warranty would be on the suspension parts. Not too worried. :P

I got them through eBay from Germany, just type in Fiesta H&R and you should find them. ;)

Word of warning I thought I was saving a wee bit of money however it seems you've to watch what the conversion to euros is at the time as I paid a bit more than shown in the ad, paid £188 altogether for the springs.

Try typing 29012-1 into google and I'm sure there was about 3 UK companies advertising the H&R springs for much the same price.

Hope this helps.

I went for eibachs on my titanium, they drop them 39mm if i remember correctly altho the zetec s sits 10mm lower than a titanium as standard!

reason i went for Eibach is aslong as there fitted by dealer ur warrenty aint effected! which is rather handy as my strut tops were replaced due to a fault on them!!

OK here's the ACTUAL drop on a Zetec S with the -35mm H&R springs fitted.

My car has been lowered by -20mm all round.

Passengers front before

DSC04921.jpg

Passengers front after

DSC04981.jpg

Passengers rear before

DSC04916.jpg

Passengers rear after

DSC04980.jpg

I take it this is because the Zetec S has already got sports suspension fitted from new which must be @ -15mm.

If these springs were fitted to a base model Fiesta you would get the full -35mm drop. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I'll re-measure in a few weeks to see if the springs have settled any more.

Stephen.

• Like 1

nah ur right m8, i thought it was only 10mm diff between titanium and zetec s! but never checked! mines looks pretty similar id say but hard to tell without sitting side by side

looks pretty damn awesome to me.

i would have liked the front a little bit lower as you have got some reverse rake at the moment.

thats lookin really nice now, perfect amount of drop

bit worried my 50mm H&R's will drop it a bit to much now :S

i havent got the zetec s skirts on mine though so should be ok :)

Looks real nice! i wanna try it but i am afraid that the bumps will be unbearable after that.... :angry:

PMSL, you really have eagle eyes. :P

:rolleyes: ......... :P .... :D

Love your Mondeo in the background :)

Thanks, here's it when it looked it's best. Won a show & shine trophy that day for it. :D

The diamond cut wheels have had it now that's even with regularly sealing them :( , shame as they look excellent when new. :)

DSC03010.jpg

DSC03008a.jpg

DSC03007a.jpg

thats lookin really nice now, perfect amount of drop

bit worried my 50mm H&R's will drop it a bit to much now :S

i havent got the zetec s skirts on mine though so should be ok :)

Make sure you get pics up when fitted to compare. ;)

The rear mudflaps look ace aswell, where did you get them from if you dont mind me asking?

The mudflaps are from Performance Creations. I've been in contact with them since fitting them as the rear don't sit flush with the rear bumper. Suggested some alterations to their brackets to make the flaps fit spot on and they have been great taking the suggestions fully onboard. :)

I'm just waiting on some new modified rear brackets coming and I'll try them on for size. I'll post up full pics once I'm satisfied that the look is spot on. B)

The mudflaps are from Performance Creations. I've been in contact with them since fitting them as the rear don't sit flush with the rear bumper. Suggested some alterations to their brackets to make the flaps fit spot on and they have been great taking the suggestions fully onboard. :)

I'm just waiting on some new modified rear brackets coming and I'll try them on for size. I'll post up full pics once I'm satisfied that the look is spot on. B)

stephen, e-mail me your e-mail address and tomorrow i will take some pictures of my rear diffuser and exhaust and send them over to you car is dirty but you will get to see the result

My Zetec S was lowered today on -35mm H&R springs, I'm really liking the look. Just low enough to make a difference from looking standard :D as I have lots of speed bumps to tackle everyday on my road. :angry:

I've set the pics out with a before shot followed by an after pic for comparison. Hope you all like. ;)

Before

Road3b.jpg

After

Road3a.jpg

Before

Road1b.jpg

After

Road1a.jpg

car looks great stephen like the mud flaps

Before

Drive4b.jpg

After

Drive4a.jpg

All comments welcome.

Next mods, Stoffler rear diffuser and twin Powerflow exhaust, colour coded windscreen washers (Mid March). B)

Stephen.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club