Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possible Headlamp Washer Jet Fix

n_hudson

*Following on from this thread -

I'm not sure if this was a REAL fix, but they do work, where they didn't before.  To remove the headlamp washer jets, you DONT need to take the whole bumper off, just remove the xenon light fittings. 

When the lights are out, gently pull the washer heads forward with the help of the clipped on bumper covers. CAREFULLY unclip them and let them retract \ push them back in. 

From inside the bumper, the washers are held onto the bumper with a large plastic bracket, give this a wiggle and push down and inwards towards the engine bay, they should easily slide out.  

The washer jet hose is then held on with a small plastic clip at the 90' join. Use a small flat screwdriver and gently prise it out but NOT OFF... don't let it slip off. The washer jet will now pull away from the hose.  The drivers side is a bugger as its a lot shorter with much less space to move around. 

The large plastic bumper mounting does come off and the washer jet itself seems to be a universal type, but I couldn't see a part number on it. Taking the mount off was how I accidentally noticed the "possible" fix for the washers not retracting into the bumper.  When giving it a wiggle and blast with hot water, a significant amount of crud came out from where the yellow circle on the image is.  I'm not in way sure how the jet works, but the hose mount part does turn separately to the piston and the part held by the bumper mount. (So 3x separate moving parts) So it could be a case of a pressure release valve or similar? 

Before removing the dirt and debris, even after cleaning, pulling, pushing, the piston end it was slow to retract, if it did at all, but since cleaning all that crud away it shoots back in with no drag.  

To confirm the fix, I partly installed the washer through the bumper and connected the loom to the lights and tested them out. They now work perfectly. 

Refitting is a reversal of taking them out. 

IMG_6224.jpeg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club