Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Halogen to xenon mk3

WillP

Hi all

I was wondering what the process is to replace my halogen headlights with the xenon ones from a titanium x and other models? 

i have a titanium x mk3 with factory bi xenons. and to be truthfull apart from looking nice and bright they do nothing to light up the road in front of you when night driving. be betest off not causing yourself ag and just go for osram or phillips upgrade standard fixing bulbs

You need the headlights (obviously!), headlight washers & correct washer bottle, front and rear suspension level sensors, associated wiring (not sure how much, if any will already be in place) and then they'll need activating with FoCCCus or Forscan.  It's really not worth the cost and hassle.  As above, just go for some better halogen bulbs.

Thanks for the replies.

I understand the need for the suspension and washers, however I have noticed some cars don't have washers. On the fiesta mk7s that have  xenon headlights don't seem to have them. 

It has been mentioned elsewhere that 'the MOT test says (edited for brevity) :
"Vehicles equipped with HID ....may be fitted with headlamp washers and a suspension or headlamp self levelling system...check the operation of any levelling and cleaning devices fitted...[reason for failure] A headlamp levelling or cleaning device inoperative or otherwise obviously defective.

One could argue that, if it's not there then it's not inoperative or defective!'

Apart from the aforementioned, are the plug pins different in anyway? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club