Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav retrofit to early loom Mk7

craigh33

So currently i'm attempting to fit a sat nav to my early loom car (2009 Zetec S pre facelift) without sync. Ive managed to get all the bits from a scrap dealer from a facelift ST and i am currently looking to make the 24 pin adapter for the stereo using this post How-to Retrofit a non-DAB Sony to an early loom car.

My first issue is the guide is old and i cant load the guide images. I was considering removing the entire dash and retrofitting the late loom but i'm not sure of its compatibility - i have everything on that loom for sync and the associated hardware along with some nice extras such as the loom for the reversing camera so id like to see if its possible but for the time being i'd be happy with an adapter.

The second issue is that i have been given a full dash loom for the associated facelift car and i cant find any reference to my aerial loom and what the connectors do.

Loom

Mystery Fakra Connector

Another Mystery Connector

Thanks for reading and i hope someone can help.

So I've attempted to make an adapter loom using the two parrot leads and matching the colours from my early connectors to the late ones. Not sure if it's right though and I don't want to chance it.

Home made loom

I also tried looking into the mystery I type fakra connector on the aerial loom and I'm still stumped as to where I can connect it.

1945018346_2019-02-1300_48_41.thumb.jpg.e0a747fc1fda6eb1e00b4b5eb302a93b.jpgI assume it's for gps or dab but I cant find a factory loom for it. Can anyone help?

Hi Craig, 

I've got an early car and have fitted Sat nav and DAB into mine. I have Sat nav and the DAB system in and working as it should however I have SYNC which came with the head unit when I bought it. I will be trying to retrofit this during the year, I have bought a loom from a later Fiesta to possibly adapt I can't see all the relevant plugs being correct for an early car. Plug and play won't be the case I'm assuming.... 

On the subject of your connectors, I will try to assist. The single grey plug with the black wire is the power feed for your DAB aerial booster located in the boot. The yellow connector I have no idea. Blue is your GPS aerial, black and white connectors are for your radio aerial.

Hi and thanks for your help.

I assumed as much was considering asking a car electrician how much it would cost to get something like that done but I think I'm over my head a bit Haha

Thanks for your help. As for the yellow connector I'm thinking on just getting a different loom as it is where the dab amplifier should go and I cant find any reference of it, or an adapter through Google.

1365952752_2019-02-1418_42_19.thumb.jpg.b4d82a53451222c4d1496d5afeeee612.jpg

I assume it is supposed to attach to the gps reciever and the dab amp.

The DAB amplifier is located on the O/S of the car in the boot and external aerial is fixed underneath the rear bumper, the loom you have there will run from the back of the headunit and up the A pillar where it will connect with various wiring looms.  

DSCF2282.JPG

DSCF2283.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

So I managed to get the DAB loom retrofit (I bought a different aerial loom) and my stereo adapter for my early loom working (I found an old wiring diagram), however I'm waiting on a ucds adapter as I'm having issues activating DAB with forscan. I changed the "digital radio" field in both the main and backup but the menu is still not available.

Hi Craig I have recently added Sony headunit with DAB to my 2010 fiesta, I’m not sure the mystery fakra connector is? It can’t have anything to do with DAB as I didn’t have that on the aerial loom I bought, the “another mystery connector” is what adds power to the aerial booster in the boot, what you need to do with this is, cut off the grey plug off the end, and add a length of wire to make it the same length as the fakra to the head unit and tap into pin 2 on the head unit harness
7c671c13ab27070e53624f7580f26897.jpg

2 hours ago, Fiesta1.25 said:

Hi Craig I have recently added Sony headunit with DAB to my 2010 fiesta, I’m not sure the mystery fakra connector is? It can’t have anything to do with DAB as I didn’t have that on the aerial loom I bought, the “another mystery connector” is what adds power to the aerial booster in the boot, what you need to do with this is, cut off the grey plug off the end, and add a length of wire to make it the same length as the fakra to the head unit and tap into pin 2 on the head unit harness
7c671c13ab27070e53624f7580f26897.jpg

Thanks for your help. I managed to find the loom part number 1843613 and i think it attaches to a part called 1843614 which runs to the boot using the curry fakra connector to provide DAB where traditionally the white connector is used but i'm just speculating a bit and i'm not exactly sure why ford did this. For now i just bought a new loom for the aerial so i could add DAB.

As for the other connector i cut up the loom from the scrapped fiesta that i have (as retrofitting it to my car will probably be impossible) and pulled out the connector and its associated length of wire for power to the DAB amp. My thoughts were that if i find a loom to connect to the curry fakra, i can just swap it out. As for updating your car to DAB did you use forscan or run in to any issues?

• 10 months later...

Hello Craig

Where did you buy those adaptors from i need something like that real badly for my car as well but I cant seem to find it anywhere. Thanks

Screenshot_20200125-004255_Chrome.jpg

• 8 months later...
On 1/25/2020 at 12:55 AM, Stefan01 said:

Hello Craig

Where did you buy those adaptors from i need something like that real badly for my car as well but I cant seem to find it anywhere. Thanks

Screenshot_20200125-004255_Chrome.jpg

On 1/25/2020 at 12:56 AM, Stefan01 said:

And also the aerial one

Sorry I haven't been on for a while. I have still not got the sat nav working properly. I don't think it will work due to the lack of Sync in my car and installing one would be difficult (It would require retrofitting a lot of wiring beyond just the stereo). I did plug it in and DAB would work intermittently but it wasn't stable and kept crashing. It also wouldn't work for bluetooth or Aux/USB, so I decided that it wasn't worth it.

In regard to the converter loom for fitting the Sony stereo I managed to find them on a forum a while back, so I've uploaded them to Imgur:

https://imgur.com/a/be8aIkg

I made it myself using the following guide:

http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1479&sid=ba7a5ee0a3fb77f9b9227d27327de07a

Hopefully that helps.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club