craigh33

Sat Nav retrofit to early loom Mk7

So currently i'm attempting to fit a sat nav to my early loom car (2009 Zetec S pre facelift) without sync. Ive managed to get all the bits from a scrap dealer from a facelift ST and i am currently looking to make the 24 pin adapter for the stereo using this post How-to Retrofit a non-DAB Sony to an early loom car.

My first issue is the guide is old and i cant load the guide images. I was considering removing the entire dash and retrofitting the late loom but i'm not sure of its compatibility - i have everything on that loom for sync and the associated hardware along with some nice extras such as the loom for the reversing camera so id like to see if its possible but for the time being i'd be happy with an adapter.

The second issue is that i have been given a full dash loom for the associated facelift car and i cant find any reference to my aerial loom and what the connectors do.

Loom

Mystery Fakra Connector

Another Mystery Connector

Thanks for reading and i hope someone can help.

So I've attempted to make an adapter loom using the two parrot leads and matching the colours from my early connectors to the late ones. Not sure if it's right though and I don't want to chance it.

Home made loom

I also tried looking into the mystery I type fakra connector on the aerial loom and I'm still stumped as to where I can connect it.

1945018346_2019-02-1300_48_41.thumb.jpg.e0a747fc1fda6eb1e00b4b5eb302a93b.jpgI assume it's for gps or dab but I cant find a factory loom for it. Can anyone help?

Hi Craig, 

I've got an early car and have fitted Sat nav and DAB into mine. I have Sat nav and the DAB system in and working as it should however I have SYNC which came with the head unit when I bought it. I will be trying to retrofit this during the year, I have bought a loom from a later Fiesta to possibly adapt I can't see all the relevant plugs being correct for an early car. Plug and play won't be the case I'm assuming.... 

On the subject of your connectors, I will try to assist. The single grey plug with the black wire is the power feed for your DAB aerial booster located in the boot. The yellow connector I have no idea. Blue is your GPS aerial, black and white connectors are for your radio aerial.

Hi and thanks for your help.

I assumed as much was considering asking a car electrician how much it would cost to get something like that done but I think I'm over my head a bit Haha

Thanks for your help. As for the yellow connector I'm thinking on just getting a different loom as it is where the dab amplifier should go and I cant find any reference of it, or an adapter through Google.

1365952752_2019-02-1418_42_19.thumb.jpg.b4d82a53451222c4d1496d5afeeee612.jpg

I assume it is supposed to attach to the gps reciever and the dab amp.

The DAB amplifier is located on the O/S of the car in the boot and external aerial is fixed underneath the rear bumper, the loom you have there will run from the back of the headunit and up the A pillar where it will connect with various wiring looms.  

DSCF2282.JPG

DSCF2283.JPG