Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Setting the clock date 2008 Focus Style Estate

s5tuart

I'm hoping someone can help a newbie please?

My clock was a few minutes slow so I decided to adjust it using the steering column stalk and the menu in the instrument cowl.

However, now I can't get it to go past the year 2013! I scroll through and get to 2013 then increment up and the year returns to 2003 and goes through the same sequence over and over!

I'm sure it was on 2019 when I started. 😳

What could I have done please?

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Set it to 31/12/2013 23:59 then wait a minute until it goes to 01/01/2014 then you can set the date and correct time past that point.
It's a strange quirk in the system.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Stoney871 said:

Set it to 31/12/2013 23:59 then wait a minute until it goes to 01/01/2014 then you can set the date and correct time past that point.

Brilliant!!! Thank you so much! First world problems I know but it's been driving me crazy! 😂

Many thanks Stoney!

• Like 1

set the time to 23.59 on the 31 December and let it go over it the minute should change to 1/1/2014 then change the clock to what you want

stoney just got to you before me ☺️

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

set the time to 23.59 on the 31 December and let it go over it the minute should change to 1/1/2014 then change the clock to what you want
 stoney just got to you before me [emoji3526]
[emoji39]

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dezwez said:

stoney just got to you before me ☺️

Thank you 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

Yes and it's annoying especially if you need to disconnect the battery for some reason back to square one lol

you can say that again ☺️

• Like 1

How the #*¥* did you fathom that one out?!!. ***** geniuses the lot of ya.😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, mozz said:

How the #*¥* did you fathom that one out?!!. ***** geniuses the lot of ya.😁

LOL ☺️

Well, I finally got a chance to try the kind advice above yesterday.

I'm afraid I still can't get it past 2013!

I Set the clock as advised to 23.59 on 31/12/2013, wait for it to click over to 00.01 on 01/01/2014, but then as soon as I try to increment the year it flips back to 2003?

(I even tried verbal abuse and percussive maintenance!!) 😂

I've tried that sequence with the clock in both 12 and 24 hour mode.  Grrrrr!

ps. I'm off to work now so won't be able to respond until later today...

Have you tried entering the date via number keys directly rather than scrolling with the other buttons / wheel?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, s5tuart said:

Well, I finally got a chance to try the kind advice above yesterday.

I'm afraid I still can't get it past 2013!

I Set the clock as advised to 23.59 on 31/12/2013, wait for it to click over to 00.01 on 01/01/2014, but then as soon as I try to increment the year it flips back to 2003?

(I even tried verbal abuse and percussive maintenance!!) 😂

I've tried that sequence with the clock in both 12 and 24 hour mode.  Grrrrr!

When you say "set" do you mean actually set i.e. incremented the values as discussed and then come out of the "set clock" page or just incremented the values as discussed and then waited whilst still in the "Set clock" page/screen?

If you've beeen doing the 1st scenario I don't know why it wouldn't work (I had to do it on the wifes MK2.5 at the weekend and didn't have any problems using the steps outlined above), if you've been doing the 2nd scenario then I suspect we've found the reason for it not working.

• Like 1

Thank you. 

I think I’ve been doing the first scenario not the second, but I will try again later to make sure in case I’m making a twit of myself!

2 hours ago, 1979Damian said:

When you say "set" do you mean actually set i.e. incremented the values as discussed and then come out of the "set clock" page or just incremented the values as discussed and then waited whilst still in the "Set clock" page/screen?

If you've beeen doing the 1st scenario I don't know why it wouldn't work (I had to do it on the wifes MK2.5 at the weekend and didn't have any problems using the steps outlined above), if you've been doing the 2nd scenario then I suspect we've found the reason for it not working.

4 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Have you tried entering the date via number keys directly rather than scrolling with the other buttons / wheel?

No, I’ve been doing it all with the scrolling wheel. Another thing to try! Thank you. 

Success!! I tried using the radio/clock to change the year as opposed to the scroll thingy on the indicator stalk and was able to scroll straight through to 2019 without having to do any of the other stuff!  How odd!

So all sorted! Thanks to everyone for the comments and advice. 

Its very much appreciated. 

• Like 4

On 2/11/2019 at 3:31 PM, Stoney871 said:

You don't need to wait for it to tick over on the Mk2.5. Just change the year to the highest value, come out of the menu, go back in and it'll show higher and higher values. Rinse and repeat!

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

Hi to everyone, I had this problem too and I wasn't able to resolve doing the same thing of S5tuart user, but as soon as I try to increment the year by the lever on the left of the steering wheel, it flips automatically from 2014 to 2003 in both directions (up and down). I don't have longer original radio sony so I can't make the procedure in that way. Can anybody help me? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club