Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpf additive

R6mik

Hi folks.....today my engine management light came on ....i took it to my ford garage and they told me it was a dpf additive error code and reset my engine light and told me to book my car in for diagnostics.....can someone please tell me what to expect please ....2015 ford mondeo 50000 miles on clock 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, R6mik said:

Hi folks.....today my engine management light came on ....i took it to my ford garage and they told me it was a dpf additive error code and reset my engine light and told me to book my car in for diagnostics.....can someone please tell me what to expect please ....2015 ford mondeo 50000 miles on clock 

There will be a reservuar somewher in the car (AAround the engine or possible located by the fuel tank which you fill with DPF adative. Can be got from any auto shop. The garage will probably charge a fortune but will be reasonable from the shop if you can locate and fill the reservuar yourself.

• Confused 1

I dont think a 2015 uses a DPF additive, getbthe codes read you can do it your self with Forscan a free download https://forscan.org/download.html and an ELM adapter like this https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/USB_Modified_ELM327/p4541936_17045457.aspx dont bother with the cheap ones on eBay, you will need a lap top.

• Like 1

Was told it might require an eolys refill .....does this change your mind ?

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, R6mik said:

Was told it might require an eolys refill .....does this change your mind ?

Who told you? as far as i recall  its a coated DPF and there is no fluid.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, R6mik said:

My local ford garage

Your local Ford garage is talking *****, Ford sacked off the 1st generation Peugeot designed DPF system almost 10 years ago.  Your DPF is the newer type as mentioned above, it's "coated" in some fancy precious metals and doesn't need/use an additive to increase temperatures.

If I were you I'd get Forscan and an modified ELM327 cable as @pragmatix suggested, see what codes are actually stored, make a note of them, clear them and post back on here with the codes.   Clearing any codes is also handy because you know any codes you find in the future are genuine i.e. fresh and not from a few years ago.

• Like 1

is this  the ford garage he took it too ?  Mr Fischer price is the manager.

58040-2_1024x1024.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, R6mik said:

My local ford garage

Sounds like Parks to me

• Like 2

Thanks for all replys guys .........i thought i smelled a rat somewhere ....i had the car booked in for  diagnostics but after all the help from here i promptly cancelled ....since they reset the engine management light ive done 300 miles and touch wood it hasnt came back on ......

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, R6mik said:

Thanks for all replys guys .........i thought i smelled a rat somewhere ....i had the car booked in for  diagnostics but after all the help from here i promptly cancelled ....since they reset the engine management light ive done 300 miles and touch wood it hasnt came back on ......

If you get fault come up and your not to far away from me i can hook you up and see what fault you have.

• Like 1

Thanks pete for all your help .....im in balloch ....loch lomond so im quite a bit away from perth .....in saying that it takes me about 30mins on my gsxr 750 k6 

1 hour ago, R6mik said:

Thanks pete for all your help .....im in balloch ....loch lomond so im quite a bit away from perth .....in saying that it takes me about 30mins on my gsxr 750 k6 

Ah well the offer is there shame younare in the wrong Balloch or you would only be 50 miles away😂

Im only 65 miles away lol the same balloch your thinking about .....cheers pete 

When you guys are talking Ballochs it's very difficult for us sassenachs to know whether you mean the Loch Lomond one, or the one near Crieff, or the one near Culloden, or the one west of Girvan near the Galloway forest😀

• Haha 1

Its the loch lomond one as stated in earlier post lol ....do yous sassanachs actually read everything ? Lol

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, R6mik said:

Its the loch lomond one as stated in earlier post lol ....do yous sassanachs actually read everything ? Lol

'course we do - it's just that there are a lot of them😀. And I'd forgotten the one near Cumbernauld as well. Are there any more?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club