Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Got New Focus

Benjamin 2010

Hi,

Ive just got a V reg focus, 118K miles, however i have a few issues!! 1) Sometimes when it's in 2nd and im not accelarating it pops out of gear, and when i put it into 2nd and release the clutch it crunches and forces itself out any ideas what this could be? the other gears are fine. 2) In 1st, 2nd & sometimes 3rd when accelarating there is alot of smoke coming out ive checked the oil and water and it all seems ok and there isnt any miss firing or loss of power and in 4th & 5th i cant see any smoke. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Hi,

Ive just got a V reg focus, 118K miles, however i have a few issues!! 1) Sometimes when it's in 2nd and im not accelarating it pops out of gear, and when i put it into 2nd and release the clutch it crunches and forces itself out any ideas what this could be? the other gears are fine. 2) In 1st, 2nd & sometimes 3rd when accelarating there is alot of smoke coming out ive checked the oil and water and it all seems ok and there isnt any miss firing or loss of power and in 4th & 5th i cant see any smoke. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

petrol or diesel ? popping out of gear sounds like a gearbox issue possibly the syncro mesh by the crunching it certainly sounds like it ide have it checked out could be costly what kind of smoke white black blue remember its very cold outside and the exhaust gas is warm which naturally produces steam just like when you breath in the cold

petrol or diesel ? popping out of gear sounds like a gearbox issue possibly the syncro mesh by the crunching it certainly sounds like it ide have it checked out could be costly what kind of smoke white black blue remember its very cold outside and the exhaust gas is warm which naturally produces steam just like when you breath in the cold

Thanks, It's white smoke clears pretty quickly but just not noticed it on other cars ive had, do you think it'd be better off getting a 2nd hand gear box? Any ideas on the labour charges for it?!

p.s its petrol

really its better tio have the box looked at before getting another it could be clutch could just be the spring on the gear lever white smoke is hard to say without seeing it most cars have steam puffing out the back as itys freezing if the coolant isnt going down its not using oil and no milky substance under the oil cap it can be water in the exhaust burning off smell it does it smell sweet or does it smell like nothing sweet its coolant being burned nothing its most likely water or steam and nothing to worry about

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club