Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are MK2 part leather seats compatible with a MK2.5?

FatHead1979

Hi all, I'm wanting to replace the nasty Zetec seats in the wife's MK2.5 Focus with the black part leather seats from a MK2 Titanium (not the heated version).  As I understand it they're a straightforward forward swap mechanically but I'm curious if anyone knows if the airbag loom/fitting will be the same.  Logically I would have thought so seeing as neither has any extra features such as being heated etc but with Ford you never know!

• Like 1

I would say yes there just about the same car give or take ☺️

• Like 1

After an enquiry with @iantt (cheers Ian) I decided to take the plunge, I've just fitted the front passenger seat and the connectors were a perfect match.  I'll hopefully get the rest of it done at the weekend along with some pics.

• Like 2

Just now, 1979Damian said:

After an enquiry with @iantt (cheers Ian) I decided to take the plunge, I've just fitted the front passenger seat and the connectors were a perfect match.  I'll hopefully get the rest of it done at the weekend along with some pics.

that worked out well then ☺️

• Like 1

Just now, dezwez said:

that worked out well then ☺️

Especially seeing as I only paid £86 plus fuel and they're in good nick. :yahoo:

• Like 2

Just now, 1979Damian said:

Especially seeing as I only paid £86 plus fuel and they're in good nick. :yahoo:

now that's a great deal ☺️

• Like 2

Just now, dezwez said:

now that's a great deal ☺️

Cramming it all into the back of the wife's hatchback Focus was a bit of an ordeal, oh and I even got the match door cards thrown in for good measure.  Although I'll be selling those on as the car is only Zetec trim and as a result only has wind up rear windows, where as the door cards are for electric windows having come from a Titanium.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1979Damian said:

Cramming it all into the back of the wife's hatchback Focus was a bit of an ordeal, oh and I even got the match door cards thrown in for good measure.  Although I'll be selling those on as the car is only Zetec trim and as a result only has wind up rear windows, where as the door cards are for electric windows having come from a Titanium.

sell them on and it lowers the price more☺️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dezwez said:

sell them on and it lowers the price more☺️

Yup, I'm also going to see how well the ugly (in my opinion) Zetec seats clean up and if they're not too bad they'll also be going on eBay.  If I just make my fuel back (6 hours of driving in total) then I'll be a very happy man!

• Like 1

Yup, I'm also going to see how well the ugly (in my opinion) Zetec seats clean up and if they're not too bad they'll also be going on ebay.  If I just make my fuel back (6 hours of driving in total) then I'll be a very happy man!

just the job ☺️

• Like 1

Looking forward to some 'before' and 'after' photos... 😃

On 2/14/2019 at 8:36 PM, StephenFord said:

Looking forward to some 'before' and 'after' photos... 😃

As promised, although I only did the seats this week the pics also show the LED interior light upgrade (I also fitted the 3 bulb front courtesy unit out of the Titanium), better head unit (my old one was just lying about) and a fair bit of vinyl wrapping (VViViD Black Tech Art Gloss Carbon).

Before and after (note - it's the wife's car and my 9 year old son and the wife aren't too hot when it comes to keeping it clean)

For anyone considering doing the same, it was a doddle, 4 bolts for each of the front seats, 3 bolts for the rear base and only 1 bolt to remove for rear back, although the rear back parts did have a slightly stiff release mechanism at each end.

NG58 PZT Old interior (01) 2019.02.17.jpg

NG58 PZT Old interior (02) 2019.02.17.jpg

NG58 PZT Old interior (03) 2019.02.17.jpg

NG58 PZT Leather seats and vinyl wrapping (01) 2019.02.17.jpg

NG58 PZT Leather seats and vinyl wrapping (02) 2019.02.17.jpg

NG58 PZT Leather seats and vinyl wrapping (03) 2019.02.17.jpg

NG58 PZT Leather seats and vinyl wrapping (04) 2019.02.17.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TDCiST said:

Good job there @1979Damian 

Cheers mate, like most jobs (not just cars) if you do a bit of research and take your time you can get most jobs done, I've learnt the hard way that rushing a job (especially on a car) tends not to end well! :wallbash:

Cheers mate, like most jobs (not just cars) if you do a bit of research and take your time you can get most jobs done, I've learnt the hard way that rushing a job (especially on a car) tends not to end well! :wallbash:

Been there done that... and resprayed many a mistake! Lol

• Haha 1

I bet your pleased with them they look great ☺️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dezwez said:

I bet your pleased with them they look great ☺️

Cheers mate, I was in a good mood until this happened this morning! :wallbash:

36 minutes ago, dezwez said:

I bet you was 😮

Talk about hero to zero! :wallbash:

is it a job you could take on your self 😞

2 minutes ago, dezwez said:

is it a job you could take on your self 😞

Nah, I've had all the dashboard out in the past without any problems but this is on another level, especially without a proper lift i.e. working of ramps.  I've just ordered a used box with 90 days warranty, hopefully it'll be at the garage for tomorrow and we'll see what happens!

• Like 1

if you have some good tools and a jack it can be done on a driveway with a  Haynes manual 😞

34 minutes ago, dezwez said:

if you have some good tools and a jack it can be done on a driveway with a  Haynes manual 😞

I just need it fixed so I get to work otherwise I'd probably have given it a go myself (a bit like having the dash out).

37 minutes ago, 1979Damian said:

Nah, I've had all the dashboard out in the past without any problems but this is on another level, especially without a proper lift i.e. working of ramps.  I've just ordered a used box with 90 days warranty, hopefully it'll be at the garage for tomorrow and we'll see what happens!

Crikey, you don't hang about LOL Hope it all goes well :thumbup1:

Just now, StephenFord said:

Crikey, you don't hang about LOL Hope it all goes well :thumbup1:

Cheers mate, I'll keep you all posted.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club