Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2.5 stereo refit

FS3DPete

Hi all,

Having had my ST for just over 4 months, I'm considering some changes. One of these is to the stock stereo unit in the car. The current unit is a Sony CD DAB with bluetooth. Of course, that means the interior is also set up with the needed mics and controls.

What I would like to do is switch it out for an Android head unit. Some of them don't have DAB units in them (and charge as an optional extra). Some of them, while they have bluetooth, bundle their own mics. And I haven't read anywhere that any of them can be set up to use the car's built-in USB port.

What I would prefer is to swap out the default unit with an Android one, but have it use the built-in cabin mics and USB ports that are already wired into the car (and if the DAB module on the Sony is external to the unit itself, maybe re-use that as well). Has anyone had any experience with this?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FS3DPete said:

Hi all,

Having had my ST for just over 4 months, I'm considering some changes. One of these is to the stock stereo unit in the car. The current unit is a Sony CD DAB with bluetooth. Of course, that means the interior is also set up with the needed mics and controls.

What I would like to do is switch it out for an Android head unit. Some of them don't have DAB units in them (and charge as an optional extra). Some of them, while they have bluetooth, bundle their own mics. And I haven't read anywhere that any of them can be set up to use the car's built-in USB port.

What I would prefer is to swap out the default unit with an Android one, but have it use the built-in cabin mics and USB ports that are already wired into the car (and if the DAB module on the Sony is external to the unit itself, maybe re-use that as well). Has anyone had any experience with this?

Hi,

I have some guides here should help 

So is it really the case that the stock mic, USB port, bluetooth and DAB module are useless? They won't be usable in any aftermarket head unit you can fit to the Mk2.5?

Would be a pity if that's the case. Seems rather wasteful.

DAB No, but you can use the others with a little bit of rewiring.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club