Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Ecoboost Owners... Name this item?

martinsirl

Hi all

Hopefully I've found the right place for this topic...

My girlfriend recently took out Focus Ecoboost 1.0L (52 plate) in for some servicing. Now we have the car back we are convinced there is something missing. If you look at the attached pic there is something that sits just behind the rear view mirror. We are both convinced that this previously had a plastic cover. Unfortunately we used two different garages on the same day so can't point the finger at either one of them, but until I know what was there before I can't really order a new one.

Does anyone know (a) if there should be a plastic covering here, and (b) what exactly this is (something to do with the heated windscreen maybe?).

Thanks in advance

Martin 

pic3.jpg

Exactly the same as mine, it's never had a cover on. I'm the 2nd owner from the car being 18 months old.🙂

20190212_122926.jpg

Thanks for the comments. Out of curiosity I would love to know what it actually is. We still can't help thinking there may have been something there before and my girlfriend has found a few pics on the internet that seem to back this up. But things change so much between models and years it's hard to be sure. I might just pop into my local Ford dealer the next time I'm passing and try to find a similar model of car for sale and take a look.

Cheers

Martin

Definitely heated screen connectors.
Pity Ford didn't think to put a tidier cover over them.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

You can buy a cover for them on Aliexpress got one for my Focus when I had it only cost £2 +£4 shipping 😂 think its under focus heated screen element cover I only found it by accident but that was about 3 years ago