Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Message-hill start assist disabled

Pedro606

Have message stating hill start assist disabled.. Drove car around and sometimes ABS light came on. Alson one time speedometer didnt work.

3 yr old from new with 22k on clock.

Can anyone offer some help/advice please.

Sods Law my warranty ran out 8th December last year. 

It's likely to be caused by an ABS fault.  Hopefully just a dodgy sensor rather than the ABS module.  Will need to have the fault codes checked with Ford specific diagnostics, generic OBD doesn't usually cover ABS codes.

1 hour ago, Pedro606 said:

Have message stating hill start assist disabled.. Drove car around and sometimes ABS light came on. Alson one time speedometer didnt work.

3 yr old from new with 22k on clock.

Can anyone offer some help/advice please.

Sods Law my warranty ran out 8th December last year. 

If you've had the car serviced by Ford it's whole life, sometimes they'll offer a gesture of goodwill when it's only just outside warranty.

Otherwise you've always got your consumer rights to fall back on as I'd argue it hasn't lasted a reasonable amount of time.

• Thanks 1

Tunnerlrat OBD reader with the extra switch to access more stuff on Fords. With Forscan software which is free to use on windows laptops (and small charge on other sevices).

https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/

https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/page/help

Everyone should have one. Costs less than paying a garage to read the codes

On 2/12/2019 at 2:00 PM, TomsFocus said:

It's likely to be caused by an ABS fault.  Hopefully just a dodgy sensor rather than the ABS module.  Will need to have the fault codes checked with Ford specific diagnostics, generic OBD doesn't usually cover ABS codes.

Thank you.

It happened day before i travelled to India on 20th Jan. I'm back next week on 23rd Feb.

My son did take it to a local garage but they could not find the fault probably for reasons you stated. Apparently the garage did cobtact Ford for assistance but were told they didnt know either.

That upset me but when i read your reply i feel better about the situation.

On 2/12/2019 at 3:18 PM, alexp999 said:

If you've had the car serviced by Ford it's whole life, sometimes they'll offer a gesture of goodwill when it's only just outside warranty.

Otherwise you've always got your consumer rights to fall back on as I'd argue it hasn't lasted a reasonable amount of time.

Many many thanks indeed for your very helpful reply.

Yes it has been serviced throught by Ford services according to my purchase contract. The last service was in December just gone.

There was a Ford dealership in my local town GreysFord but it closed last year annoyingly.

Will i have to apply to some sort of Head Office at Ford for a goodwill gesture etc or will my nearest one in Cwmbran be enabled to make those decisions.

Im also hoping they will give me a courtesy car too when they repair car. I have no idea how long a job it is.

I am.also a blue badge holder.

Any help and advice much appreciated.

• 6 months later...

I had all these behaviors described. The hill start assist was disabled even after two checks by Ford mechanics.

Sometimes the "unavailable HSA" message appeared when I brake down in a street. Very strange!!!

I made the diagnosis and in my opinion it is a brake imbalance that leads to missing messages on the ABS sensors.

I solved the problem after checking the tires pressure. The tires had very different and very high pressures (front: 3.1 bar in both tires; rear: 3.1in left tire and 3.4 bar in rigth tire)
I applied 2.9 to all and the problem was solved.

If this procedure in your vehicles not resolve, please also check that if the shock absorbers have the same load/charge.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club