Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rattling

Wh1teVanMan

Hi

Hope you guys could give me a bit of help please. 

My transit (2011 swb 2.2 80k) has a rattling noise coming from the engine. 

It seems to start when it's warmer up a bit but it's not all the time. When it does happen, I put the clutch pedal in and the noise stops. 

From a quick Google it said it's the release bearing. The clutch is a bit high and will need doing at some point. 

Now I asked my mechanic what it could be and he thinks it's the fly wheel. 

So, at a guess what would you say it is and if it's the flywheel what should I expect to be paying with a new clutch at the same time. 

Thanks for you time. 

4 hours ago, Wh1teVanMan said:

Hi

Hope you guys could give me a bit of help please. 

My transit (2011 swb 2.2 80k) has a rattling noise coming from the engine. 

It seems to start when it's warmer up a bit but it's not all the time. When it does happen, I put the clutch pedal in and the noise stops. 

From a quick Google it said it's the release bearing. The clutch is a bit high and will need doing at some point. 

Now I asked my mechanic what it could be and he thinks it's the fly wheel. 

So, at a guess what would you say it is and if it's the flywheel what should I expect to be paying with a new clutch at the same time. 

Thanks for you time. 

I think yours may be a duel mass flywheel 

17 hours ago, dezwez said:

I think yours may be a duel mass flywheel 

What's it likely to pay me. I know the clutch will be about £300

on my brother's focus 1.8tdci it has very rattly dual mass flywheel. the more it rattles the more it is doing further damage to itself, so it' not good rattling a lot when in queue of traffic. But if you hold your foot on the clutch it will wear out the release bearing. My brother has found that if he puts his foot on the clutch and takes his foot off slowly then the clutch does not rattle badly on tickover. if you take your foot off the clutch at the normal speed when on tickover then it rattles a lot

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club