Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Discs and pads for Mk3

bronc

It's time to replace the brake discs and pads on my Focus mk3 and I can't decide what parts to use. I can get the Motorcraft, i.e. OE Ford parts, discs and pads for around €210. On my last car (Mercedes-Benz) I went with ATE all around but for the Focus they are more expensive than the Ford parts. Someone on here recommended Brembo discs with Textar pads. Not looking for any uprated parts as I find the Focus has enough stopping power for my needs. Less brake dust would be great but not if it comes at the price of reduced braking. Any recommendations?

I went with Brembo discs with Pagid pads as suggested by Luke4Efc, JW1982 (Brembo discs & Textar pads), 1979Damien (Brembo discs & EBC pads), Wilto, Dave1981 (Brembo discs & pads) and I got them from carparts4less.co.uk price was just over £100. See my thread for more info...

• Like 1

I bought Pagid pads 2 weeks ago from Eurocarparts with a 55% discount offer.

There is a valid code at the minute, I've just tried it for 52% discount off everything, its - 

VBOX1

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ubetcha said:

I went with Brembo discs with Pagid pads as suggested by Luke4Efc, JW1982 (Brembo discs & Textar pads), 1979Damien (Brembo discs & EBC pads), Wilto, Dave1981 (Brembo discs & pads) and I got them from carparts4less.co.uk price was just over £100. See my thread for more info...

Ah, thanks. I thought Motorcraft parts were same as Ford parts but I guess not. Now it makes sense why they're cheaper than the ATE ones. 

Motorcraft are designed to Ford spec to be fitted once warranty runs out basically.  They are cheaper than the originals and noticeably more dusty in my experience.

Personally I can't fault Pagid.  Have had some issues with Brembo.  Maybe look at EBC Greenstuff for lower dust although they are a bit more expensive.

just purchased  EBC  oem pads and brakes  thro the full member club discounts   next day delivery  £60.00 all in

7 hours ago, bronc said:

It's time to replace the brake discs and pads on my Focus mk3 and I can't decide what parts to use. I can get the Motorcraft, i.e. OE Ford parts, discs and pads for around €210. On my last car (Mercedes-Benz) I went with ATE all around but for the Focus they are more expensive than the Ford parts. Someone on here recommended Brembo discs with Textar pads. Not looking for any uprated parts as I find the Focus has enough stopping power for my needs. Less brake dust would be great but not if it comes at the price of reduced braking. Any recommendations?

If you're looking for unbeatable value and OEM standard, Mintex are the way to go.  Have fitted them to 3 cars now and they've been great.  At £50 for a disc & pad set, you can't beat 'em.

Personally have had issues with pagid pads wearing quickly- through a set in under 6 months. Now have cheapo eicher pads from ECP and apart from a few squeaks in the morning have been faultless 👍

9 hours ago, nathanphillips said:

Personally have had issues with pagid pads wearing quickly- through a set in under 6 months. Now have cheapo eicher pads from ECP and apart from a few squeaks in the morning have been faultless 👍

Strange that, I've got Pagid on the fronts that were fitted by the previous owner and I've had it for over 4 years now.

I ordered Brembo rotors and textar pads for both the front and rear as they seemed to be good value. Also Lemforder sway bar links as I have a clunk coming from the front when driving over bad roads and speeds bumps. I'll be doing the work myself - anything specific to have in mind? I've replaced brakes and basic suspension parts on my previous car so I have some wrenching experience.

8 hours ago, bronc said:

I'll be doing the work myself - anything specific to have in mind? I've replaced brakes and basic suspension parts on my previous car so I have some wrenching experience.

I just hope you have better luck than i did!

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club