Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta ST Mk7 Centre Console Clip

Peterjones

I am sure someone else will have had this issue and know the fix so asking for advice.

The clip that keeps the pop up arm rest / storage compartment in the Fiesta has appeared to have lost its springyness -so no longer automatically closes when I push it down. I am assuming this is a clip issue and hoping that the clip can be replaced?

Anyone else come across this and know what parts are needed to make the repair?

20190212_073900.jpg

Well I have taken this to pieces and I can now see the issue.

However does anyone know if you can purchase a new metal spring? I have been searching the internet and I dont seem to be able to find anything, but maybe I am using the wrong terms?

20190218_142334.jpg

20190218_142341.jpg

Has it snapped or just lost its sprung tension? Its hard to tell from your pics.🙂

It might be worth removing the other part and then take a pic of it put together to show what it looks like. Someone might be able to suggest an alternative that would work if an original is not available.

I would also pop into your local Ford dealership parts department to see if it's available as a buy alone item.

I'm in work but I've just nipped out to my mk3 Focus and from what I can see through the gap (not got a torx bit here) it looks like mine might be the same. You could probably find one in a breakers yard if that's the case.

20190218_155857.jpg

Is it like this? This is a screenshot from a video on YouTube of a Fiesta.

Cant seem to find anyone selling that part online - but then maybe I am not searching for the correct term. lol

I've tried for you too, I like a challenge but still came up with nothing. Take the clip or your phone to show the part to your local Ford parts department person.🙂

Called the dealer...guess what...It's sold as an arm rest apparently and that is a very expensive part!

So the clip is going to be a pain to get hold of

Try a breakers yard or scrap yard. If I get chance I will open up my Focus arm rest as I think it's the same. That would give you more options then rather than solely looking for a Fiesta one.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club