Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Looks Best ? 3 Or 5 Door Mk7

Barky

Hi everyone

I think i know your answers but which looks best, the 3 or 5 door mk7 fiesta?

As my earlier post i am going to order a 1.6 tdci titanium this week but for practical reasons i'm thinking 5 doors, for looks i'm thinking 3 doors.

Thanks

I dont give a crap about passengers getting in and out.. 3 door looks so much better... unless you got kids i dont see why you'd want a 5 door?

I dont give a crap about passengers getting in and out.. 3 door looks so much better... unless you got kids i dont see why you'd want a 5 door?

yep you guessed right, i have a young daughter, hence why i'm swaying towards a 5 door.

I agree that the 3 door looks better tho i haven't seen many 5 door fully spec'd fiesta's

3dr looks best for me, however if you have kids I would recommend 5 doors as it can be quite difficult getting them into the back especially with their seats.

Luckily I'm the only one that drives the Fiesta. Only on the odd occasion I have the kids in my car as we've got a Mondeo for the family car. :D

hmm.. i put down a deposit over the phone for a 1.6 tdci 5 door with x pack and tech pack but for about the same price i probably could have got a 3 door version with styling kit (do you think?)

I doubt they will let me change my order tho...

Of course it's up to you... depends if you want to go for the looks or for practicality. A 3 door with the dress up kit does look far better. Then again, 95% of members of this forum have a 3 door Fez with the kit on. :P

im in the 3 door club aswell!!

hmmm you could have bought mine as im selling it!! 3 door with xpack and tech pack and dress kit !!!

im in the 3 door club aswell!!

hmmm you could have bought mine as im selling it!! 3 door with xpack and tech pack and dress kit !!!

Hi ronnie

sorry mate but 'm after a sea grey fiesta (and i doubt you will give me a 2k scrappage discount lol)

i wish i found this site 24 hours ago before i made my order, tho i haven't signed anything or been given any order details other than a deposit ( i haven't even test driven the new fiesta...)

Here's evidence that the 5dr can look good too. Sorry, not meaning to slag off anyone who has a 5dr. ;) It has a bodykit by Cadamuro.

fiesta-mk7-cadamuro-4.jpg

Hi ronnie

sorry mate but 'm after a sea grey fiesta (and i doubt you will give me a 2k scrappage discount lol)

i wish i found this site 24 hours ago before i made my order, tho i haven't signed anything or been given any order details other than a deposit ( i haven't even test driven the new fiesta...)

nah no £2k scrappage but im selling mine for £12500!! so im geussing thats cheaper than urs is even with scrappage? yeah its a good site! and nah mines is hot magenta lol

3 door for sportier looks. Everyone always moans clambering into the back :lol: , buy hey, its no me having to climb through :D

Hi ronnie

If its being built to order you should be able to change the spec still.

My car was actually ordered by the dealer as a white demo car, but they swapped the slot in the build plan for a grey one with different kit on it - if you've only just put down a deposit it'll be a good month plus before Ford even think about building the car.

theres another thing your all forgetting with the 3 doors and the styling kit... insurance!!! it wont affect many of you but it did me as a first time driver the insurance went through the roof as soon as they saw a 'body kit' or 'S' badge... and 3 door ones without the pack look dodgy to me cos the styling kit looks so good so i got the 5 ;)

theres another thing your all forgetting with the 3 doors and the styling kit... insurance!!! it wont affect many of you but it did me as a first time driver the insurance went through the roof as soon as they saw a 'body kit' or 'S' badge... and 3 door ones without the pack look dodgy to me cos the styling kit looks so good so i got the 5 ;)

I was under the impression that if the kit is spec'd at manufacture, and thus on at registration, it shouldn't need to be declared. Well that's my defence, your Honour ;)

I was under the impression that if the kit is spec'd at manufacture, and thus on at registration, it shouldn't need to be declared. Well that's my defence, your Honour ;)

i know but we went round and for the ones with the kit it came out as more... ohh well i love my fez tha all that matters!!! still got best car in college ;) haha

are the old myth that if you have kids you need a five door.o and if you have more than 1 you need a fwd or apv mmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmm strange that i have child and me and gf have allways gone for the three door option so does that make us bad parents!!?? well if you have old parents then that is when you need a 5 door..

The car i have put a deposit on has already been made so i doubt they would let me change....

It was also (i think) quite a keen price for a Sea Grey 1.6 Tdci 5Dr with X pack + Tech Pack - £12950 (+ scrapping my old car).

Has anyone got a picture of a fiesta with a spec like this (with 17" wheels) as not only have i not driven one i have yet to actually see one, stupid i know to then buy one....

Yup, the three door for me too. The side seems to flow a lot better I think, the bigger front door is more proportioned to the side profile too. Very sexy. Though that five door with the body kit looks great too.

But if I did have a family I'd get the five door. That's not to say I'm an old person, I'm 20, but it's a lot more convenient. I have mates who winge when they have to go in my car, so imagine the kids! Plus long trips with kids normally equals spew for my family. The foor door isn't too bad, infact it's quite nice, but lacks the fizz of the three door.

Mine is the 3 Door.

I won't deny I chose it because that is the one AC had on special deal. I don't carry people in the rear that often so wasn't too concerned about access.

I feel the 3 Door looks far better.

I tend to leave my works waterproof jacket and stuff on the back seat. It can be pretty awkward getting them in and out of the back seat. So 5 Door far better for practicality.

Stewart.

As everyone else has said - three door for looks, five door for practicality. If I cared about any of my passengers enough maybe I'd have forked out the extra cash to make my car look worse! :D

To be fair though, the mk7 can definately pull off both 3dr and 5dr and still look good.

(Should probably add that I've got no kids!)

Hi everyone

I think i know your answers but which looks best, the 3 or 5 door mk7 fiesta?

As my earlier post i am going to order a 1.6 tdci titanium this week but for practical reasons i'm thinking 5 doors, for looks i'm thinking 3 doors.

Thanks

For me - definitely the 3 door!

3 door all the way - and as has already been said - dressed up and with the X-pack (which does not appear on the configurator anymore!)

3 door all the way - and as has already been said - dressed up and with the X-pack (which does not appear on the configurator anymore!)

As an apparently lone(ish!) voice in the wilderness, I'm going to say that I REALLY like the 5-door. Which is just as well, since we have one (not because we couldn't get a 3-door or we were forced by practicalities into choosing the 5-door either). Actually, I don't understand how so many people can say the 3 door looks "much" better than the 5 door (as though the latter is ugly or something) because to me, both versions look lovely and they're not vastly different from one another aesthetically (I mean, look at the Corsa by comparison and how different the 3 door and 5 door are from each other! Even the previous-shape Fiesta looked much more different as a 3 door than a 5 door than I think the Mk7 does - on those, didn't the tailgate seem more vertical on the 5-door than the 3-door, like it was partway to being a Fusion?).

Of course, my preference is purely personal like anyone else's, but to me, the colour choice (and, according to the colour, the trim level choice - i.e. chrome detailing or not) makes more of a difference to how much I like the overall effect than the number of doors. Around my area, the 5 doors sell as well as the 3 doors it seems, so other buyers must quite like them too!

My 3 door looks the best of course B) :D :D

3 doors, ZetecS lowered suspension, full kit, 17" rims, White. Need I say more? But I have no kids, in fact I'm single :( but if I did then I think the 5 door is the more sensible option. It still looks very smart in the 5 door.