Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ford service schedule

Richard1971

hi all I have had some bad news on my  2012 focus tdci auto which I have only had a few weeks! I noticed very shortly after purchasing the car that the gearbox was shifting at wrong time and snatching sometimes off the mark also on constant throttle it would surge and not upshift. I took it to my local ford dealer as I could see from the service log that they serviced it at 3 year mark which on etis shows the gearbox needs service (oil change) after consulting the dealer they said the reason it wasn't done was because customer would have refused to pay the high cost for such a procedure? surely its not an option? it also missed its 6 year change too even though it was serviced by Toyota for some reason but it was serviced as per ford schedule according to paper work. I'm now stuck with a car that may now have a contaminated gearbox rendering it useless! I have been advised to get it in to ford for the said service at the cost of £450 including outstanding pcm update that needs doing? this may not fix the car as the damage may already be done after missing two vital services on the gearbox says ford but this was obviously previous owners and out of my control? can somebody confirm if this sounds correct in that customers can refuse vital service to gearbox when car is in for major service

2 hours ago, iantt said:

Yep, that's all correct what you've been told.

+1 I'm afraid, dual clutch gearboxes are super sensitive to not having the filter and fluid changed on time.

• Like 1

Did  you buy it privately or from a dealer?

• 2 weeks later...

I love it when people register, post asking for advice and then disappear without a resolution or even an update! :ranting:

• Like 2