Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remap Active+

Veiga

Hello guys!

I’ve a Fiesta Active + 100cv and I remap it for 145cv/240nm. The problem is sometimes Ive the feeling that the car doesn’t run allways the same. Sometimes it runs faster than the others. 

Anyone else has the same problem?

I’m from Portugal, I’m so sorry about my English!

Best regards. 

It could be the fact you live in Portugal with all that lovely sunshine and heat. Do you find it runs faster on slightly cooler days and slower on the hot days or is it completely random?

Ahahahahah thanks!

Well I think it’s completely random. But I live in a place very humid. 

And, another question. The Active has a different gearbox? The fact that he is a little higher influences that much the top speed?

I did a few comparations with 125cv ST-Line and a 140cv  ST-Line and I won almost all the “races”, but for example in one of the comparation with the 125, when I hit the fourth speed the 125 it was a bit ahead of me, but was only once. And with the 140 was very similar but in top speed he goes away. 

As far as I know, the active has the same gearbox as any other Fiesta apart from the ST. 

I think there is a difference in gear ratios between the 125 and 140 but as far as the box itself is considered, it should be the same.

Thank you! I think they all have the same gearbox but different ratios in the 140cv as you said.
I did a few races with a mk7.5 with 16” and Eibach springs, IC and 139cv and I lost all of them. Never thought that was a big difference to mine. Maybe the less weight, the different ratios os gearbox and the 16” instead of mines 17” did all the difference. And he is much lower than me.... I think all of that makes a big difference. His 3rd gear hit 170km/h, mine only 140km/h. :o

Here is a video of mi Active 0-140km/h.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Veiga said:

Thank you! I think they all have the same gearbox but different ratios in the 140cv as you said.
I did a few races with a mk7.5 with 16” and eibach springs, IC and 139cv and I lost all of them. Never thought that was a big difference to mine. Maybe the less weight, the different ratios os gearbox and the 16” instead of mines 17” did all the difference. And he is much lower than me.... I think all of that makes a big difference. His 3rd gear hit 170km/h, mine only 140km/h. 😮

Here is a video of mi Active 0-140km/h.

I think weight will definitely play a part but at the same time your hp output is rougly the same at around 140hp but you have far more torque as I think you mentioned 240nm so I would be surprised to see a big difference in any performance comparisons. It’s interesting that you say that the other person hit 170kph in 3rd gear, I would have thought that without the valves shooting out through the bonnet, you wouldn’t be able to hit that speed in 3rd and like you said 140kph would have been my wild guess to what speed you can hit in 3rd. 

I’d be interested in hearing about how the gearbox is coping with your remap though. I’ve been thinking about a remap for mine but the gearbox max torque rating is 215nm and any remaps that I have been interested in are at around 230nm so despite it only being 15nm, i’m not sure it’s worth pushing it to exceed the 215nm

I think weight will definitely play a part but at the same time your hp output is rougly the same at around 140hp but you have far more torque as I think you mentioned 240nm so I would be surprised to see a big difference in any performance comparisons. It’s interesting that you say that the other person hit 170kph in 3rd gear, I would have thought that without the valves shooting out through the bonnet, you wouldn’t be able to hit that speed in 3rd and like you said 140kph would have been my wild guess to what speed you can hit in 3rd. 
I’d be interested in hearing about how the gearbox is coping with your remap though. I’ve been thinking about a remap for mine but the gearbox max torque rating is 215nm and any remaps that I have been interested in are at around 230nm so despite it only being 15nm, i’m not sure it’s worth pushing it to exceed the 215nm

I’ve drove the other car and he hit 170 at 3rd and 205km/h in 4th. Is way more “elastic” than mine and “breath” much better in high than mine. His max speed is around 220. I only did 208km/h and was went down. I think the fact my car is higher than the st lines and the regular fiesta affects that.
What’s your opinion about the video? 0-100 in about 8s is not bad!

Oh and about the gearbox the max torque is around 225 but is used a safety factor around 1.3, so 225x1.3=292.5nm. Well, I will not risk it lol but..... I this 240nm is safe.

My KN just arrived. :p Hope this makes a good difference.

0d1e7ead9e97f4a579648a33d768a8c3.jpg84bfbadea1c0cd8954ce492717bad399.jpg

• 7 months later...

Hi Nuno,

Did the K&N filter make any substantial difference?

Where, here in Portugal did you made the remap? I'm thinking doing the same to my wife's 100hp Active+.

"I’ve a Fiesta Active + 100cv and I remap it for 145cv/240nm. The problem is sometimes Ive the feeling that the car doesn’t run allways the same. Sometimes it runs faster than the others." Did this became ok?

Thanks from the South Side,

Paulo 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club