Do Not Sell My Personal Information

M7 Cigar Lighter Fuse

bigjock

morning, anyone know what type of fuse is needed for the cigar lighter in the mk7? i know it's a 20amp rating but im not sure if it's a large blade small blade or glass one. i would check myself but the wife has the car today and am heading to Halfords anyway. cheers

morning, anyone know what type of fuse is needed for the cigar lighter in the mk7? i know it's a 20amp rating but im not sure if it's a large blade small blade or glass one. i would check myself but the wife has the car today and am heading to halfords anyway. cheers

Here ya go matey picturehi.jpg

Here ya go matey picturehi.jpg

cheers chief thats the one, she's just home so i managed to swap it with the other 20amp fuse in the board and it works. its a 20amp short blade for all others facing this issue. im yet to own a ford that doesn't eat the fuses for the cigar lighter up lol!

The only other 20amp fuse in there is the front WIPER BLADES!! please tell me you didnt use that one?

only to test it chief, new one now purchased and all working well, for now! B)

ahhh good good, i blew the cigarette lighter the other day and swapped em round, luckily before i set off i realised and managed to get one in work.

• 3 years later...

Just been to Halfords to get some 20amp mini fuses as my power outlet is dead. Its started raining now so can't fit them at the moment. Just wondering though, is it the engine compartment fuse box or the glove box one? (And if it is the glove box one how do I get access to it.

Fuse position 22 I think the hand book says.

Cheers

Just been to Halfords to get some 20amp mini fuses as my power outlet is dead. Its started raining now so can't fit them at the moment. Just wondering though, is it the engine compartment fuse box or the glove box one? (And if it is the glove box one how do I get access to it.

Fuse position 22 I think the hand book says.

Cheers

Take everything out of the glove box 1st and then push in from the outside where you can see a little lip on each side...the glove box will drop so you can see the fuse box.

Take everything out of the glove box 1st and then push in from the outside where you can see a little lip on each side...the glove box will drop so you can see the fuse box.

Cool, cheers Vimal

Am I being glum here. It doesn't look theres been a fuse in position 22 to start with :-s

IMG_2385_zpsfffc101f.jpg

IMG_2387_zpsb78eb7aa.jpg

IMG_2388_zpsc37ad85f.jpg

help

I had the same problem, couldn't find the fuse! Turns out they changed the fuse location and many manuals (inc my Haynes) list/details the old position. As far as I can remember it will be one of the lower square fuses (blue?) I think

. As far as I can remember it will be one of the lower square fuses (blue?) I think

Yeah blue one in position 30 is only 20amp fuse in your box Paul, what does manual say number 30 is?

I had the same problem, couldn't find the fuse! Turns out they changed the fuse location and many manuals (inc my Haynes) list/details the old position. As far as I can remember it will be one of the lower square fuses (blue?) I think

Ah right. I was thinking well this just doesn't match

Yeah blue one in position 30 is only 20amp fuse in your box Paul, what does manual say number 30 is?

Good point lol. Book says postion 30 is not used - So that confirms it.

I'll nip back to Halfords and get one of those blue box types.

Thanks guys - just needed someone to point out the obvious to me -haha

Had the same issue and as it was under warranty it went back to ford who swore blind it was as the manual till I go them to swap the fuse and the cig lighter still didn't work.. They photographed it and circled it, Printouts in the car, I'll check it and report later...

I believe the change was the 60 Reg Plate (Titanium got Sony Stereo)

As R-head said it is one of the bottom blue ones, cannot remember which but you can tell it is blown when you remove it you will clearly see it.

Now the fun Part!

You will not find them at Halfords or any chain style store that I could find, Two places for me were the Ford Dealer who had to order them in, or a local auto shop but they only had 20 and I think it was a 30 I needed (or the other way round).

They are called Slow Burn or PAL type fuses and they cost about £3-5 each!

Hi

It's bottom row 6th from the left acccording to the mechanic who traced mine out

fordfuse.jpg

Cheers GJC n Antman

I've just rang the dealership - he said he didn't have any in stock but will order some and they should arrive this afternoon! - so collecting tonight after work - fingers crossed

Just to let yous know I picked up the fuse (plus a spare), fitted it in the dealerships car park and power was restored to my little dash cam :D

Cheers again guys

Yesterday, 8 days after getting the new fuse my dash cam lost power again - I plugged in a spare cable I had which has a little red light on the plug end - sure enough it didn't light up so I presumed the new fuse had blown too.

My dash cam plugs into a 4 way power adapter under my seat then that plugs into the power outlet. (It has a little on/off swith on the plug so I don't have to keep taking out the socket and plugging it back in).

So incase it was the adapter that was faulty and causing the fuses to blow I nipped down to Halfords and picked up a new one, THEN fitted the spare new fuse I'd bought last week - but still no flipping power!

I'm now wondering if the actual car's power outlet socket could be the problem? Is this possible? I think I've ruled everything else out.

Does sound a little strange, sorry if you have already tried this but in your adapter under the seat have you tried another device (to rule out dash cam).

Other thinking is how is your under seat adapter connected is it in the socket or hard wired, if it is hard wired have you checked the connection (Including earth).

Let me know if any of that implys anything.

Does sound a little strange, sorry if you have already tried this but in your adapter under the seat have you tried another device (to rule out dash cam).

Other thinking is how is your under seat adapter connected is it in the socket or hard wired, if it is hard wired have you checked the connection (Including earth).

Let me know if any of that implys anything.

Yeah I unplugged the adapter (the last one and the new one) and tried a spare lead with a little red bulb on it from another device but that won't light up so its not the dash camera or adapter at fault, and changing the fuse didn't do anything either. So surely its gotta be the actual socket.

And no nothing is hard-wired. (Dash cam into 4-way-adapter, which plugs directly into power outlet as below):

IMG_1631_zps648ff4c8.jpg

Dealership visit Saturday morning I reckon. I'll just have to grit my teeth for the next 5 days comuting to work without the camera rolling lol

:unsure:

I assume the dash cam does not work if plugged directly into the cars 12v socket.

Assuming not you may have a dirty socket, I had that, I cleaned it using a small pointy non metallic device (remove the fuse to be sure not to blow it) for me it worked and lots of small dust and debris came out, I still find it is not perfect but it works.

If you need to replace the socket itself I think it is plugged rather than soldered but I cant remember for sure, someone like inath who can remember removing the gear gaiter surround can confirm.

Cool I'll try cleaning first - thanks

• 9 years later...

I havn’t read all the Way through This threadBut my daughter is Mark seven 2009 fiesta has the mini fuses for the cigarette lighter.

There but my daughter is Mark seven 2009 fiesta has the mini fuses for the cigarette lighter.

There are 2x20 amp ones in the fuse board and it is the higher upper one. it appears that some later models have the bigger square fuse but not the earlier mark sevens it seems

• Confused 1