Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Footwell lights

xxinsane09

hi, I've gone into Focccus and selected ambient light-led, the option has come up on my trip, but I can't seem to get the LEDS to come on, anyone got any advice for me? thanks

FB_IMG_1550072020150.jpg

FB_IMG_1550072010801.jpg

The headlights need to be on. Change to auto. And apparently there is a brightness adjustment.

58 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

The headlights need to be on. Change to auto. And apparently there is a brightness adjustment.

3 hours ago, WES180 said:

never heard that before

3 hours ago, WES180 said:

Is there a separate fuse for ambient lighting?

no, fuse F60 does all the interior lights including ambient lighting

On the Focus MK3 the single color Ambient Lights (including the footwell lights) are fully controlled by the BCM. On these vehicles the Ambient Lighting functionality can easily be activated by changing the Central car Configuration. After being activated the footwell lights will work and can be switched ON/OFF from within the instrument cluster settings menu.

The multi color Ambient Lights are controlled by a seperate LED controller.  

On the Focus MK3.5 however both the single color and multi color Ambient Lights are controlled by a seperate LED controller. Vehicles without the Ambient Lights do not have the LED controller. In most situations the footwell lights wiring is only partly present or not connected at all. After being activated the footwell lights can be switched ON/OFF from within the instrument cluster settings menu but will not work because of the missing/disconnected wiring and the missing LED controller.

To make the footwell lights work you either have to install/connect the missing wiring and LED controller or wire the footwell lights a different way. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, xxinsane09 said:

hi, I've gone into Focccus and selected ambient light-led, the option has come up on my trip, but I can't seem to get the LEDS to come on, anyone got any advice for me? thanks

FB_IMG_1550072020150.jpg

FB_IMG_1550072010801.jpg

Where did you get the LEDs from? I’ve been wanting to try this but can’t find anything to plug into the OEM wires. The OEM plug has 3 wires 

13 hours ago, xxinsane09 said:

never heard that before

Was reading from Here but may be different in your case.

On 2/13/2019 at 11:49 PM, Jonro2009 said:

Where did you get the LEDs from? I’ve been wanting to try this but can’t find anything to plug into the OEM wires. The OEM plug has 3 wires 

I got those ones from CEUK

On 2/13/2019 at 8:39 PM, JW1982 said:

On the Focus MK3 the single color Ambient Lights (including the footwell lights) are fully controlled by the BCM. On these vehicles the Ambient Lighting functionality can easily be activated by changing the Central car Configuration. After being activated the footwell lights will work and can be switched ON/OFF from within the instrument cluster settings menu.

The multi color Ambient Lights are controlled by a seperate LED controller.  

On the Focus MK3.5 however both the single color and multi color Ambient Lights are controlled by a seperate LED controller. Vehicles without the Ambient Lights do not have the LED controller. In most situations the footwell lights wiring is only partly present or not connected at all. After being activated the footwell lights can be switched ON/OFF from within the instrument cluster settings menu but will not work because of the missing/disconnected wiring and the missing LED controller.

To make the footwell lights work you either have to install/connect the missing wiring and LED controller or wire the footwell lights a different way. 

how would I wire them different? or where would I have to install the missing wiring?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club