Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grab handles, 2016 Fiesta 2 door

ashmicro

Hi all

As above, does anyone know if I can fit a grab handle on the passenger side, to help people in the back to get out? I pulled down the door seal and had a bit of a poke around under the headlining, above the door aperture. There *seems* to be at least one captive nut in there, but I didn't want to go further until I had more info, as there's an airbag in there.

Car in the pic.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_20190129_130149 (Custom).jpg

Has the headlining got the impression/recess for a handle ? If not then any handle fitted will crush the lining, making a right mess! 

• Like 1

Good point, hadn't thought of that!

• Thanks 1

On 2/13/2019 at 7:10 PM, ashmicro said:

Good point, hadn't thought of that!

Our Sons ST has no grab handles neither 😞 When he first took me out in it and went around a bend like a nutter I fumbled about in the dark, searching for the handle! There ought to be one on such a fast car, even some at the back maybe.... I asked a Ford Dealership friend why there isn't an handle on the passenger side, he told me they are not fitted because anyone getting in the back can catch their back on the handle, so it was deleted from the spec.

• Like 1

I prefer the term Jesus Handles because people reach for them after going "Jesus"....as I'm sure Ian did above. I heard some models also have airbags in that position, so trying to screw one in could lead to interesting results, however I have never fact checked this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2