Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Updating Sync 3 maps over the wi fi

NortonSS

The Ford sync site is telling me there is an update for my navigation map , at present it is F7 so I presume the  update is F8.

On my sync screen it tells that I am connected to the wi fi through my phone but when I press the update search icon it does'nt discover the update.

Is automatic update working in the UK yet ?.

If I need to use a USB stick why does it say I need 32 gb when the file looks very small, although I am not very computer savvy.

Many Thanks

AFAIK Update over Wifi doenst work in Europe. Only US.  I am willing to be corrected.

You need a 32gb stick as the F8 Map update is about 25GB in total...

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply .

I have downloaded the update on my Mac , I have unzipped it. This as produced a file  Map-53970-Update containing 3 items

1/Install.ist

2/SyncMyRide\GB5 T_14G3...B.TAR.GZ

3/Another file containing four items.

Do I just copy the first file onto the USB and and let sync do the rest or do I use certain files.

Many Thanks

6 minutes ago, NortonSS said:

Thanks for your reply .

I have downloaded the update on my Mac , I have unzipped it. This as produced a file  Map-53970-Update containing 3 items

1/Install.ist

2/SyncMyRide\GB5 T_14G3...B.TAR.GZ

3/Another file containing four items.

Do I just copy the first file onto the USB and and let sync do the rest or do I use certain files.

Many Thanks

Copy all unzipped files the 3 you have to the root directory of the stick, make sure its formatted to exfat and nothing else is on the stick..

It should look like this

4DC41A3D-7E2F-4B5B-B36B-FE7911C11096.jpeg

• Like 2

I've just had to copy map files on to 10 USB sticks , some work some don't. Right nightmare . Lol 

• Like 2

When I unzip the file downloaded from the ford site (Macbook double click file to unzip) I do not get the same files and folder as you.

1/ autoinstall.ist

2/ a zipped file (SyncMyRide TAR.GZ file

3/ File SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AB

Am I doing somthing wrong ?

Many Thanks

1 hour ago, NortonSS said:

When I unzip the file downloaded from the ford site (Macbook double click file to unzip) I do not get the same files and folder as you.

1/ autoinstall.ist

2/ a zipped file (SyncMyRide TAR.GZ file

3/ File SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AB

Am I doing somthing wrong ?

Many Thanks

Ive had problems doing it on a mac the unzipping doesnt allways work properly.

Citroen and Peugeot updates are similar to Ford... and they recommend in their instructions using "Unarchiver" on a mac, to get the files do extract the way they want them too... may be worth trying that if you haven't already.

For Apple users: 
- We recommend you use the “Unarchiver” app available free at the App Store (https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/the-unarchiver/id425424353?mt=12)

They also recommend this:

NB: The system files generated on the USB stick by Apple when you plug it into your Mac may disrupt its later use in your vehicle. To solve this problem, we recommend you use the CleanMyDrive app available free at the App Store (https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/cleanmydrive-2/id523620159?mt=12) 

Thanks for your replies

Would I be better off using Windows ten to download updates ? I happen to have windows in bootcamp.

Many Thanks

27 minutes ago, NortonSS said:

Thanks for your replies

Would I be better off using Windows ten to download updates ? I happen to have windows in bootcamp.

Many Thanks

You can try, but I feel the Mac still may chuck those system files on the USB stick... I'd try using the steps that Ciroen/Peugeot suggest first, those softwares are free on the app store apparently.

9 hours ago, NortonSS said:

Thanks for your replies

Many Thanks

No that still throws up errors use unarchiver, if you cant use a stand alone windows computer.

i use an old windows machine windows 7 i use it for forscan and updates thats it think it cost me a tenner.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club