Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Worth a remap?

Cerio

In a word, no.

It's mainly turbo engines that benefit from a remap.  There's not really much you can do with the 1.25 for extra power I'm afraid.  

Not really, there's not much to play around with so you're unlikely to get much, if any, power increase.

I have seen a few companies, e.g. Celtic tuning, offer a remap but the gain is small (7ps or so). As the other guys suggest, probably not really worth it when you take into account the cost, insurance hassle, etc.

11 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I have seen a few companies, e.g. Celtic tuning, offer a remap but the gain is small (7ps or so). As the other guys suggest, probably not really worth it when you take into account the cost, insurance hassle, etc.

Only 7ps for the expense of a remap? Wow, that's a pathetic increase! You could probably feel more effect from gaffer taping all the panel gaps up!🤣

• Haha 1

absolutely no point on a Non Turbo engine, unless you're also adding other mods/planning some serious engine rebuild.

I've heard of people having economy maps put on their NA engines. It gets you a negligible power increase, but gets you a few extra MPG. Personally seems like a bit of a placebo. The only way of telling is try it for yourself I guess.

Going a bit off topic now, but the only remap on an n/a engine I've seen that looks as if it might be worthwhile is for the VW Up! and its SEAT and Skoda clones. A lot of these come in 60ps form and Superchips do a map to take this up to 75ps. As the 60ps has lower gearing than the factory 75ps, it seems from posts on the Up!/Citigo forums that a remapped 60 is actually quicker than the factory 75. 

Have not seen anything similar for the 60ps version of the 1.25 Fiesta though.

• Like 1

Hi.

If you need any help with insurance at all for a re-map then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Wouldn’t bother in all honesty, put the money towards an ST 😂- that’s what I’m saving for

2 hours ago, nathanphillips said:
Wouldn’t bother in all honesty, put the money towards an ST [emoji23]- that’s what I’m saving for

Yep, that's exactly how I got another hundred bhp out of my 1.25 :thumbsup:

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

With a NA car a remap just itself won't really do much or make any noticeable difference. Even doing some engine mods might not add much on a NA however could help on the responsiveness. The mk6 ST for example mountune do a mr165 package on it where they put different cams, exhaust, cold air intake and I think a remap. All that for an extra 15hp however people have said they noticed it opened up the car in terms of power. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Yep, that's exactly how I got another hundred bhp out of my 1.25 :thumbsup:

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Spot on buddy 😂

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club