Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus mk2.5 full size spare wheel kit

rhyds

Silly question: did the mk2.5 have a full size spare wheel as an option? If so, was this a proper full size rim (205 wide 16")?

• Like 1

Yes a full size spare was an option, it comes with a piece of polystyrene to raise the boot floor to compensate for the extra rim width.

It was a 16" steel with 205/55 tyre although I'm not sure if there were other sizes available.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info.

Out of interest are Mondeo 5-stud 16" steels the same as Focus mk2 ones? Also what width are the standard steels with 205/55/16s? 6J?

Focus steels are 6.5J.  Not sure about the Mondeo rims, I know the tyres have a bigger rolling radius though.

On 2/16/2019 at 1:02 PM, rhyds said:

Silly question: did the mk2.5 have a full size spare wheel as an option? If so, was this a proper full size rim (205 wide 16")?

It did 205/55/16

I've since stored my kit in the attic as I've fitted a sub in the wheel arch, but here's some pictures, The carpet is also a different size for the full size spare kit.

Image0995.thumb.jpg.007f4d1fce2a66fab1ee26164e0eea88.jpg

Image0994.thumb.jpg.d1b3b63b9b495b358ec71b2535f7154f.jpg

IMG_20130110_160148.thumb.jpg.396171df453fd2c194a080b4d73f2858.jpg

I've since fitted a foam insert from a Mk1 RS focus and have AA membership, improved handling and mpg 

IMG_20130110_160057.thumb.jpg.4259d8765bdc654280a42ea194279c58.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately where I live the AA/RAC response times are measured in days not hours, so I'll need to keep some kind of spare in it!

As for the carpets and inserts it sounds like the MK1 full size kit I had in my old car, so it looks like a scrapyard trip is in order. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, rhyds said:

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately where I live the AA/RAC response times are measured in days not hours, so I'll need to keep some kind of spare in it!

As for the carpets and inserts it sounds like the MK1 full size kit I had in my old car, so it looks like a scrapyard trip is in order. 

It's worth contacting a scrapyard before making the trip, it was a very rare option so not easy to find now.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club