Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Inside front tyres worn on MK7 Fiesta

94burns

Hi Guys,

Got all new tyres fitted and balanced in April last year and I noticed while replacing the oil today both my front tyres are worn severely on the insides only(the car has done about 6000 miles since).

I also recently noticed that the steering wheel wobbles slightly when heavy breaking for traffic on the motorway, just wondering if anyone has any ideas if the two are linked or what my issue could be before I take it somewhere. 

thanks

Do you have any speed bumps on your regular journeys?, if you drive both wheels over the centre of the hump it can wear the inside of the tyres, ( I’m talking about the humps that don’t go across the whole of the road) other than that, have the tracking checked.

• Like 1

Tracking / speed bumps / ball joint worn. Had this last year had two wishbones replaced fine ever since! Any noises going over bumps? 

Last year our fiesta wore it's inside edge right down to the canvas! Never seen owt like it 😞 Two new tyres fitted and tracking sorted.

Never really hit anything but there are loads of ramps where I live, so I can only presume these awful things f*cked the tracking up.

Hi guys, thanks for all the responses. Took the wheel off and turns out the inner tie rod is bent! Must have been a damn pot hole as I haven't hit the curb.

Gonna try and replace this myself.

thanks again.

trackrod.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Blimey that is bent, only ever see things like this when the wheel hits a kerb hard.

If it's just has a bent rod on one side of the car I would have thought something not right would have been apparent by the steering wheel not being straight when the car was going straight. 

the bent rod would turn the road wheel to the left a bit so I would have thought the steering wheel would have to be slightly clockwise than straight to get the car to go straight ahead. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club