Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New S MAX owner

Robdav99

Thanks, I asked the mechanic and he is adamant that the "inlet flap" is the problem.

I'm guessing he is talking about the throttle body? He said he is struggling to get hold a replacement as well which sounds strange.

GW

If it's the throttle, try to clean it with CARB spray, after that, torn the ignition key to on without starting, push the gas pedal and look how the throttle react.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The mechanic said that he cleaned it all up but it was still getting stuck, possibly the plastic had warped so Ive ordered a replacement. 

• Like 1

Throttle body has been replaced and mechanic seems to think it has fixed the problem, he has also noticed one of the vacuum pumps (on the rhs of the engine) is running unusually hot (80c) so that could be about to fail so we're going to replace that aswell. 

GW

Sounds good, looking forward to see if problem solved.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Got the car back, no faults on the short drive home but time will tell. I hope it's sorted as I really like the car. 

I'll attach a picture of the overheating solinoid, something funny definitely going on inside there. 

FB_IMG_1554280519781.jpg

FB_IMG_1554280527777.jpg

Esp and engine malfunction again today 😫 will scan car with forscan later