Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help with SYNC controls

Adywayne
聽Share

Hi all, first post so be gentle please.聽馃槀

Just taken ownership of a 2015 1.2 fiesta zetec. Really happy with the car, apart from seemingly missing some control buttons on the console.

Almost all entries I've found online refer to 4 buttons (2 each either side of the hazard lights switch)聽used to help navigate the menu, however these 4 buttons are not on聽the console and I cant for the life of me work out where the functions are controlled from. Anything that requires a confirm or cancel, I cant find the corresponding button.聽

For somebody that can usually pick things up and use them without having to RTFM,聽this is REALLY "doing me ead in"

Any help regarding the mapping聽for these so called "missing" buttons would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks All

Can you attach a picture? We can then maybe try diagnose a bit better.

Are the major controls not via the touchscreen?

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

Thanks guys, initially thought it would be聽touchscreen聽but that doesn't work. I assume there should be physical/virtual buttons that correspond to the 4 options at the base of the screen, and although both this console and the version with the buttons are shown in the Quick Reference card, it doesn't explain how to use the functions if you don't have the buttons聽馃20190218_174654.thumb.jpg.002175865252e3fa599ab4306518bf96.jpg

That's a strange combo, the screen doesnt match with your control panel, either the screen or facia has been replaced. Most likely the screen. Do you have a voice button on your steering wheel?

yes, def a voice button. Tried that little cluster as well obviously to no effect聽馃檨

Have you tried the moving the OK knob towards the 4 arrows?

Surely they're cursor controls to scroll through the menu?

Push the ok button to select?

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

That was my first thought, also tried moving the cursor keys diagonally to no effect. Tried pretty much every button available, including the indicator and wiper controls. Starting to think the display or fascia mentioned above, has聽indeed been incorrectly replaced at some stage. Thinking of getting a complete set from a breakers and fitting instead. I assume all the wiring connections聽are the same as long as i get a standard offering?

If you have voice button , then you have phone button on steering wheel as well?聽

That facia doesn't show any phone button . Looks that's your issue. You need a facia to fit.

PM me your reg number and will have a look what you should have.聽

• Like 1

Definitely the wrong fascia for that stereo.聽
Shouldn't it look like this (maybe without the nav button)?

radio.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for all your help on this one guys, exactly what I was hoping for. Real world knowledge from people with a common interest, ***** marvellous聽馃憤

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

That's from an earlier vehicle up to 5/12/14. But can't see why it wouldn't work though.聽

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club