Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK8 - One thing you like and one you do not.

DG97

Hello, 

as per the title, thought it’d be interesting to get an opinion from fellow MK8 owners, what is the one thing that you like and one thing you do not like about your MK8? 

For me, one likeable feature is the positive driving experience. The car handles very well and the steering feedback is truly excellent. 

One big dislike is the quality though. I wish there was one rattle or two less and that maybe slightly better quality materials were used in certain places like the door panels. 

• Like 1

Biggest dislike for me is poor build quality - my drivers door stands proud of the body by approx 1/4" so looks like it isn't closed properly (needs bending inwards at the bottom), already adjusted the bonnet to sit the same at both sides

Like - hmm, comfy and light to drive, sorry can't think of anything that really stands out?

I like... The colour (Magnetic Grey). 

I dislike... The faulty GPS / Sat Nav. 

There are other niggles but we're only allowed one lol. 

I do like the car overall though. 

Like - decent enough drive I suppose, good compromise between ride and handling, good brakes, gearchange on mine a bit long on travel and not as slick as the Mk 7 we had.

Dislike - quite a few things unfortunately, but main thing is front seems very cramped compared to the Mk 7 my Mrs had. It could be the more thickly upholstered seats on this one - the Mk 7 was a pretty basic Edge but no problems with comfort. My Mrs's current car (SEAT Mii) though quite a bit smaller externally, feels much more spacious upfront.

I quite like most things about my mk8, reasonably quiet as speed, seems well put together 

however,, I HATE THE GEARCHANGE ABSOLUTELY ABYSMAL IT CLUNKS INTO SECOND AND THIRD, dealer not really helpful but to be fair, I haven’t pushed them too much, this could be my last ford....

I like the the handling the most , it seems 10x more refined than the previous mk7.5 - especially in the corners.

Dislike - rear windshield visibility. Smaller than previous gen which makes car parks a bit tricky

Like - The adaptive cruise control. Works without a hitch for me.

Dislike - The interior build quality. The tray in the center console has warped, various plastic bits and pieces in the trunk are falling off already and the door panels are creaking when using the stereo.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club