Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Detailed and decals applied

robbyvrs
聽Share

Well had a nice long weekend so decided to have a go at all the swirls covering every inch of the paintwork - great for a 500 miles car 馃槥聽 guess it was 500 miles back and forth through a car wash?

Got a lot of the defects out (85 - 90%) then applied EX-P sealant, removed all wheels to seal insides and outers and applied the decals bought from DMB

Tyres dressed with Megs endurance gel, black trim protected with Aerospace 303

Trying to find some gloss black mirror covers if anyone knows where to buy them?

jD8HapO.jpg?1

Oq6amHD.jpg?1

• Like 4

Very nice. Are the painted sections on the mirrors available from Ford? Might not be as expensive as you think and guaranteed to be a perfect fit.

Mirror covers are 拢79.00 each from Ford with the colour of your choice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WES180 said:

Very nice. Are the painted sections on the mirrors available from Ford? Might not be as expensive as you think and guaranteed to be a perfect fit.

20 minutes ago, Titanium said:

Mirror covers are 拢79.00 each from Ford with the colour of your choice.

Or maybe they are expensive lol.

There are plenty of aftermarket MK7 mirror covers available but i haven't seen any MK8 yet 馃槥 i bought a pair for my MK7 Golf for 拢40 a pair in flawless gloss black

Looks nice 馃憤. Should get close up pictures of the sun reflecting off the paint. With my fiesta I used Koch chemie H8.02 compound and britemax blackmax. The Koch chemie compound I highly recommend as it brought out gloss which normally a compound leaves the paint hazy.聽

I then sealed the paint with fusso coat and then waxed with petes 53.

40 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Looks nice 馃憤. Should get close up pictures of the sun reflecting off the paint. With my fiesta I used Koch chemie H8.02 compound and britemax blackmax. The Koch chemie compound I highly recommend as it brought out gloss which normally a compound leaves the paint hazy.聽

I then sealed the paint with fusso coat and then waxed with petes 53.

For the drivers side after using Megs 205 i applied Blackfire gloss enhancing polish before the EX-P sealant, doing the passenger side i missed out the Blackfire and tbh there doesn't look to be any difference?

The Megs 205 has a fine cut to remove light swirls but not deeper scratches, i didn't want to go to harsh on newish paint unless it gets so bad

I鈥檓 going have to do something similar to mine when I get it.聽

It reminds me of the large red fairing panels on the Ducati Panigale that is plain as standard,聽when a Ducati Corse decal is added it breaks the panel up nicely and makes the bike look a lot better.聽

45 minutes ago, robbyvrs said:

For the drivers side after using Megs 205 i applied Blackfire gloss enhancing polish before the EX-P sealant, doing the passenger side i missed out the Blackfire and tbh there doesn't look to be any difference?

The Megs 205 has a fine cut to remove light swirls but not deeper scratches, i didn't want to go to harsh on newish paint unless it gets so bad

That's something I noticed also when I used the Koch chemie compound. The finishing polish added just a very small touch more darkness to the paint which you'd only notice at certain angles. Is the megs 205 a compound or polish? Can't remember the top of my head.聽

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

That's something I noticed also when I used the Koch chemie compound. The finishing polish added just a very small touch more darkness to the paint which you'd only notice at certain angles. Is the megs 205 a compound or polish? Can't remember the top of my head.聽

Megs 205 is a mild compound for removing light swirls, etc

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TomBoyNI said:

That looks smart.聽馃槑

Thanks 馃檪

• 3 months later...

Nice to see more ST-Line's in here.聽

• 5 weeks later...

Side decals removed - got bored with them 馃檪

Also gave it a polish today while i was off work, really peed off as 1 of the 2 dealers who had the car the past 2 weeks has washed it and it's now covered in swirls yet again 馃槥聽 can't be bothered detailing it again (another 7-8 hours)

Fitted the Mountune secondary hose to match the Mountune primary hose, Mountune black hardpipe also fitted and a Pipercross drop in filter - can hear a little chirp when lifting off (DV) but nothing loud enough to make it stand out.

LpIEt6b.jpg?1

Going to look at an Ibiza 1.5FR this weekend, also looking at a Leon FR titanium 馃檪

You should get a ceramic coating whenever you do polish it again. Why not get a gloss black vinyl wrap fir the mirror covers? Noticed you said your looking for some.聽

I enquired about ceramic coating at a half decent detailer close to where I live and was quoted 拢400 plus prep work of around 拢150 quid. As much as I enjoy the concept of detailing and looking after cars, in my honest opinion 拢550 to coat the paint is far too much to be worth it. Having had my car for nearly a year and a half, I cannot really see what benefit I would have gained, especially for that level of cost.

1 hour ago, DG97 said:

I enquired about ceramic coating at a half decent detailer close to where I live and was quoted 拢400 plus prep work of around 拢150 quid. As much as I enjoy the concept of detailing and looking after cars, in my honest opinion 拢550 to coat the paint is far too much to be worth it. Having had my car for nearly a year and a half, I cannot really see what benefit I would have gained, especially for that level of cost.

You can always look at the home use ceramic coating, Auto Finesse do them.

Trouble with it all is, looks great when first done but still gets ruined when stone chips hit and you get tar on it. Presumably the tar remover strips the coating.聽

As above, i pondered on having a ceramic coating applied but with the poor paint it wouldn't stop chips or scratches, not sure how effective it is against swirls either?

When it went to the dealers a couple of weeks ago i put a "do not wash this car" hanger in the car, dealer didn't wash it but when i picked it up their valeter came over and complemented how swirl free it was. We had a long chat and he told me he washes the cars properly so i shouldn't worry about getting swirls as he uses a nice brush 馃檮

Now when it went in a week later i fitted the sign in again and they had the car for 3 days, upon collection i looked for dents which i couldn't find but didn't inspect the paintwork for swirls as i didn't expect then to wash it - i guess they did 馃が

I applied AF Tripple yesterday which gave it a nice finish and as long as i stand 10feet away it looks good 馃檪

Could do with a paint job with the self healing paint which another marque uses ( can't remember which) or covering the whole car in 3M protective wrap