Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 2010 1.6 zetec driver side water leak.

RuZ

It been back to garage once and dried, they say they cound't find where the leak is. after a month, it's saoked again. it is not the air con nor the coolant. it's just water, and it's not from the door seal cause the side is dry, it just the bottom of the footwell. help please!!!!!!!

Have you removed the battery and checked the body panel seam sealer behind it? I had a leak in my wife's car boot and the seam sealer had split letting water in.

1 minute ago, WES180 said:

Have you removed the battery and checked the body panel seam sealer behind it? I had a leak in my wife's car boot and the seam sealer had split letting water in.

hi, it's the driver side floor, the boot is ok

I know that lol, I was highlighting the fact that seam sealer does actually split as I've experienced it myself.

If it's drivers side then no need to remove the battery. Check the seam sealer in the corner where the bulkhead meets the inner wings.

I know that lol, I was highlighting the fact that seam sealer does actually split as I've experienced it myself.

oh sorry, got you wrong, the battery is on the passenger side and the carpet facing the engine bay is dry, it;s just the flat bit footwell. thank you 

Check the seam sealer as I said then if no joy you're going to have to put a hosepipe on it and wait to see where it's leaking. It could even be the windscreen seal, the door seals, anything really.

It's only the flat bit that's wet because that's the lowest point where it will collect due to gravity.🙂

Check the seam sealer as I said then if no joy you're going to have to put a hosepipe on it and wait to see where it's leaking. It could even be the windscreen seal, the door seals, anything really.

right, ok. thank you for your help i will have a look on it again, really annoying,couldn't trace as it;s water leak.

2 minutes ago, RuZ said:

right, ok. thank you for your help i will have a look on it again, really annoying,couldn't trace as it;s water leak.

I've been there mate on both mine and the wife's cars!

The hosepipe is your best option but you will end up needing to pull the carpet back to see where it's running in. You might have to remove the seats and centre console if you can't pull it back enough from behind the pedals.

I've been there mate on both mine and the wife's cars!

hah. it's awful isnt it. how did you trace down it the seam seal, i mean, the seam seal looked all fine as i just chekced. 

I found it by running the hosepipe on it. My wife's car had a hairline crack through it letting the water in.

My Focus was leaking into the boot through a body panel vent behind the back bumper. My thread on that particular leak has had over 60,000 views now.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club