Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2009 1.6 Zetec interior upgrade

gary scott

Hi,

What upgraded interior (seats essentially) could i look for in later, higher spec models?

Additionally, are there any ideal brake upgrades available by sourcing parts from an ST car...if so, how late can I look for bolt on/off upgrade?

All depends on what you're after really, all down to personal preference. ST front calipers are a straight swap, but failing that the standard set up is more than adequate for the MK7 a decent set of fast road pads and discs will improve things if you like 'spirited' driving.   

53 minutes ago, gary scott said:

Hi,

What upgraded interior (seats essentially) could i look for in later, higher spec models?

Additionally, are there any ideal brake upgrades available by sourcing parts from an ST car...if so, how late can I look for bolt on/off upgrade?

Yeah the ST front calipers are a straight swap. I believe it's the same size as on the mk6 ST as both front brake discs are 278mm. On my mk6.5 fiesta I installed front and rear ST brakes. All parts were a straight swap and braking power is really great. 

Seats in let's say the 2014 models has totally different electrical connections to seats in a 2009 model, but with a bit of know-how you can take your originals off and swap them over, i wouldn't suggestion just chopping & joining up cables as that's just bodging it.

2009 1.6 Zebec S....desperately needs 6 gears and more power! Two questions:

1. Is there a 6 speed box that can be fitted? Does that mean shafts and hubs also?

2. Is there a normally aspirated 2.0 engine that can be transplanted?

Also u can get airbag light on because of diference of sensors in seat... that i got on my fiesta 2004

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

On 2/23/2019 at 12:17 PM, gary scott said:

2009 1.6 Zebec S....desperately needs 6 gears and more power! Two questions:

1. Is there a 6 speed box that can be fitted? Does that mean shafts and hubs also?

2. Is there a normally aspirated 2.0 engine that can be transplanted?

I'd imagine the IB6 fitted to the ST would be transplantable but don't quote me on that one. Shafts, clutch, flywheel, gear selector would all need changing. Far better off transplanting an ST180 engine in if you want 6 gears and more power. Saying that any engine can be put into your car if you have the know how, I've seen a Focus ST engine placed into one of these before... 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club