Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JUDDERING FROM FRONT WHEN BRAKING AT HIGH SPEED

delboy25

I HAVE OWNED 2006 1.6 LX SINCE NEW MILEAGE 81,000. IN THE LAST FEW WEEKS A JUDDERING HAS COME IN WHEN BRAKING BETWEEN 50 AND 70 MPH. CHECKED ALL 4 BRAKE PADS ALL HAVE PLENTY OF LINING ON - CHECKED DISCS   FRONT OFFSIDE IS DEFINITELY MARKED WITH NUMEROUS RIDGES IN CENTRE  LESS SO ON NEARSIDE DISC. CAN DISCS CAUSE JUDDERING OR WILL  IT BE ONE OF RODS.

uneveness of discs can definitely cause this but play in bushes/joints can accentuate it so it feels worse.

But when I talk about uneveness I don't mean rings that are circular around the disc, I mean differences in surface thickness or surface quality at say 12 oclock position compared to 3 o'clock, 6 o'clock etc.

If the car is left for periods where the discs rust it can be worse. 

Some years ago my car was left for a couple of months outside in winter. The discs got quite rusty. But when the car was used again and the rust started clearing off, I noticed the discs had more rust pitting in one part showing the outline of brake pad shape on them. It was like moisture was caught under the edges of the pads which did not dry out on dry days and left much worse pitting on parts of the discs. I reckon it was a year before that pad shape rust pitting on the discs disappeared and brakes felt OK again. And I did about 16k miles in that year.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club