Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Weird rattle around 1800-2200RPM

Herobane

Hi Folks, 

First time posting here so please go easy on me if I did something wrong! 

My 09 1.4 TDCi Fiesta has developed a strange rattle behind the passenger foot well (its RHD) when accelerating with the revs between 1800 and 2200 RPM. It was MOT'd/serviced and sounded fine on the way home Friday, but the weekend passed and then on the Monday is sounded dreadful. I took it back to the garage and they replaced the rear engine mount which was apparently shot and tightened the retaining bolts on the bottom engine cover, but this didn't fix the rattle. Weirdly it only seems to happen around those specific revs, in all gears, and only when under acceleration. 

Here is a recording of the sound, and the noise is clearer when played though my phone's Speakers because I think particularly bassy stereos drown it out. 

Anyone know what could be causing this? I't be great to hear some ideas because I think the mechanic may be out :/

Many thanks, 

J

I cant hlp u but i have to say that i have similar rattle noise on my fiesta 2010 1.4 petrol engine from 1300 - 2200 rpm and only under load. i cant fix this for long time.. that noise i can hear sometime when i start engine with depressed clutch in neutral. For me its probably gearbox...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, CordonFreeman said:

I cant hlp u but i have to say that i have similar rattle noise on my fiesta 2010 1.4 petrol engine from 1300 - 2200 rpm and only under load. i cant fix this for long time.. that noise i can hear sometime when i start engine with depressed clutch in neutral. For me its probably gearbox...

That's a damn shame, thanks though.

I wonder how much a replacement gearbox is going to be. Do you know if you can replace individual parts of will the whole unit need swapping? 

In my country (Serbia) price for used gearbox is about 100 euro, i can swap gearbox, i did it before on another fiesta, but i am not 100% sure its damn gearbox problem...

This is my problem, recorded from battery box, its sound different in car

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club